THE GREAT OUTDOORS — The weather is slowly getting colder, with several mountain ranges already seeing snow.
The local ski resorts are prepping for the upcoming season and Ski Utah recently announced the opening dates for the upcoming ski season.
Utah is home to 14 ski resorts, 11 of which are within an hour of the Salt Lake City airport. Utah is also home to the largest ski resort in the United States (Park City Mountain Resort), so there are a lot of opportunities for skiing and snowboarding right in our backyard.
Whether you are wanting to try skiing for the first time this season or are a seasoned veteran, Utah’s ski resorts offer something for everything with their wide variety of locations and sizes.
Here is when you can expect to hit the slopes:
Note: All openings are subject to change in response to weather conditions.
- Alta Ski Area: Nov. 22
- Beaver Mountain: To be determined
- Brian Head Resort: Nov. 17
- Brighton Resort: As early as possible
- Cherry Peak Resort: Dec. 18
- Deer Valley Resort: Dec. 2
- Eagle Point Resort: Dec. 21
- Nordic Valley Resort: Dec. 9
- Park City Mountain: Nov. 17
- Powder Mountain: To be determined
- Snowbasin Resort: Nov. 22
- Snowbird Resort: Nov. 22
- Solitude Mountain: Dec. 2
- Sundance Mountain Resort: Dec. 8
We're sorry, currently this live video stream is only available inside of Utah or an approved RSL broadcast territory.
We base your location on your IP address. Some providers IP addresses may show your location outside of the state, even though you are physically within the state boundaries. For more information about RSL on KSL, please see our FAQ.