SALT LAKE CITY — In Week 6, three safeties showed that Utah produces some of the best in the league. Eric Weddle and Miles Killebrew forced fumbles, and Daniel Sorensen led the Chiefs in tackles.
Eric Weddle (Utah)
When you think of one of the best players to ever come out of the University of Utah, it is hard to forget Weddle. Weddle has been in the NFL for 11 seasons and is still on the top of his game. Weddle had five solo tackles, one forced fumble and two tackles for loss for Baltimore. Weddle has the second most tackles for the Ravens this season at 30 combined tackles. He continues to create turnovers as well, and he now has one forced fumble and two interceptions through six games.
Miles Killebrew (Southern Utah)
Killebrew isn’t a household name, but it will be. Killebrew has been impressive all year for the Detroit Lions. Killebrew had two combined tackles and one forced fumble against New Orleans. He played in all 16 games in his first year in the league and recorded a total 28 combined tackles. Through six games, he has 23 this season. Killebrew is showing the skills to become a pro-bowl type safety.
Daniel Sorensen (BYU)
Sorensen has more than six tackles in all but one game this year for the Kansas City Chiefs. He recorded another eight tackles and one tackle for loss against Pittsburgh. Sorensen has been the most consistent defensive player for the Chiefs this year. He leads the Chiefs with a combined 32 tackles for the year. The Chiefs secondary took a big hit when five-time pro bowl and three-time all pro Eric Berry ruptured his Achilles tendon against Dallas. Sorensen has been thrust into his role and has shown he can match his production.
- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Detroit Lions, had two total tackles against New Orleans.
- Michael Davis, CB, Los Angeles Chargers, had one tackle against Oakland.
- Bronson Kaufusi, DE, Baltimore Ravens, had two tackles against Chicago.
- Kai Nacua, DB, Cleveland Browns, played in a game against Houston and recorded no stats.
- Daniel Sorensen, S, Kansas City Chiefs, had four solo tackles and four assisted tackles.
- Jamaal Williams, RB, Green Bay Packers, played in a game against Minnesota and recorded no stats.
- Kyle Van Noy, LB, New England Patriots, had seven total tackles with two sacks against the Jets.
- James Cowser, LB, Oakland Raiders, had one tackle against the Chargers.
- LeShaun Sims, CB, Tennessee Titans, plays on Monday night against Indianapolis.
- Brian Allen, CB, Pittsburgh Steelers, played in a game against Kansas City and recorded no stats.
- Garrett Bolles, OT, Denver Broncos, played in a game against the Giants and recorded no stats.
- Devontae Booker RB, Denver Broncos, had one carry for 2 yards and four catches for 78 yards against the Giants.
- Dominique Hatfield, CB, Los Angeles Rams, played in a game against Jacksonville and recorded no stats.
- Star Lotulelei, DT, Carolina Panthers, recorded one assisted tackle against Philadelphia.
- Brice McCain, CB, Tennessee Titans, plays on Monday night against Indianapolis.
- Keith McGill, S, Oakland Raiders, had one tackle against the Chargers.
- Jared Norris, LB, Carolina Panthers, played in a game against Philadelphia and recorded no stats.
- Nate Orchard, DE, Cleveland Browns, had one assisted tackle against Houston.
- Tenny Palepoi, DT, Los Angeles Chargers, had one tackle against Oakland.
- Derrick Shelby, DE, Atlanta Falcons, had four combined tackles against Miami.
- Sealver Siliga, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, played in a game against Arizona and recorded no stats.
- Sean Smith, CB, Oakland Raiders, had six solo and one assisted tackles against the Chargers.
- Alex Smith, QB, Kansas City Chiefs, went 19-34 for 246 yards, had one touchdown, and ran for 13 yards on four carries.
- Pita Taumoepenu, LB, San Francisco 49ers, played in a game against Washington and recorded no stats.
- Marcus Williams, S, New Orleans Saints, had six combined tackles against Detroit.
- Marwin Evans, S, Green Bay Packers, had one tackle against Minnesota.
- Kyler Fackrell, LB, Green Bay Packers, had one tackle against Minnesota.
- Nevin Lawson, CB, Detroit Lions, had two tackles against New Orleans.
- Robert Turbin, RB, Indianapolis Colts, plays against Tennessee on Monday night.
- Kerwynn Williams, RB, Arizona Cardinals, had three rushing attempts for 14 yards.
We're sorry, currently this live video stream is only available inside of Utah or an approved RSL broadcast territory.
We base your location on your IP address. Some providers IP addresses may show your location outside of the state, even though you are physically within the state boundaries. For more information about RSL on KSL, please see our FAQ.