SALT LAKE CITY — In Week 5, consistency is starting to show for Utah athletes. Alex Smith tied an NFL record with 11 touchdown passes without an interception and continues to lead the league in completion percentage. Nick Vigil and Bobby Wagner led their defenses to victories.
Alex Smith (Utah):
With all the ups and downs of this early NFL season, the one constant is the play of Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith. Smith had another stellar performance, continuing his streak of not throwing an interception. Smith threw for an impressive 29 of 37, 324 yards and three touchdowns. He also had five carries for 19 yards. Smith continues to lead the league in completion percentage at 76.6 percent, which is 5 percent better than his peers. He also has the best quarterback rating in the league at an impressive 125.8.
Smith also has the third most touchdown passes and total passing yards in the league. Smith has an average yards per attempt of 8.8, which is a career high, and better than Tom Brady. Smith also tied an NFL record 11 passing touchdowns without an interception. Only two other quarterback, Steve Bartkowski (1983) and Roman Gabriel (1969), have achieved this rate of efficiency. The Chiefs play Pittsburg on Sunday, which has only allowed a league-leading 5.2 yards per attempt.
Nick Vigil (Utah State):
The Cincinnati Bengals could have found their premier linebacker in Utah State’s Nick Vigil. In his first year for the Bengals, Vigil only had 21 combined tackles for the year. Vigil has turned up his performance this year, having 24 solo tackles and 19 assisted tackles after just five games. His combined 43 total tackles is the fifth most in the NFL for the season and third best in assisted tackles. Against Buffalo, Vigil has four solo tackles and five assisted tackles.
Bobby Wagner (Utah State):
Bobby Wagner again led his team with eight tackles to lead the vaunting Seattle defense. Wagner has 30 solo tackles and 11 assisted tackles for the season. He is in the top 10 so far this season in total tackles. The Seahawks' defense, led by Wagner, were able to hold the Rams to 0-4 in the red zone in the game and forced five turnovers in the game. The Seahawks are on a bye next week. Their next game will be on Oct. 22 against the Giants. The Giants are ranked 30th in rushing this year, so expect Wagner to have another standout game.
- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Detroit Lions, had two tackles and one sack against Carolina.
- Michael Davis, CB, Los Angeles Chargers, had two tackles against the Giants.
- Bronson Kaufusi, DE, Baltimore Ravens, played in game and recorded no stats.
- Harvey Langi, LB, New England Patriots, played in game against Tampa Bay and recorded no stats.
- Paul Lasike, FB, Chicago Bears, played in game against Minnesota and recorded no stats.
- Jordan Leslie, WR, Cleveland Browns, had one reception for 26 yards for the game against the Jets.
- Kai Nacua, DB, Cleveland Browns, played in game against the Jets and recorded no stats.
- Daniel Sorensen, S, Kansas City Chiefs, had a combined six tackles and a half sack.
- Uani’ Unga, LB, New York Giants, played in game against Chargers and recorded no stats.
- Kyle Van Noy, LB, New England Patriots, seven combined tackles and half a sack against Tampa Bay.
- Jamall Williams, RB, BYU, had one rushing attempt for 1 yard.
- James Cowser, LB, Oakland Raiders, had two tackles, two assessed tackles and one forced fumble against Baltimore.
- Miles Killebrew, S, Detroit Lions, had two combined tackles against Carolina.
- LeShaun Sims, CB, Tennessee Titans, had two tackles against Miami.
- Brian Allen, CB, Pittsburgh Steelers, played in game against Jacksonville and recorded no stats.
- Kaelin Clay, WR, Buffalo Bills, had one rushing attempt for no gain against Cincinnati.
- Dominique Hatfield, CB, Los Angeles Rams, had one tackle against Seattle.
- Star Lotulelei, DT, Carolina Panthers, had two combined tackles against Detroit.
- Brice McCain, CB, Tennessee Titans, had two assisted tackles against Miami.
- Keith McGill, S, Oakland Raiders, played in game against Baltimore and recorded no stats.
- Koa Misi, LB, Miami Dolphins, played in game against Tennessee and recorded no stats.
- Jared Norris, LB, Carolina Panthers, had one tackle against Detroit.
- Nate Orchard, DE, Cleveland Browns, had two combined tackles against Jets.
- Tenny Palepoi, DT, Los Angeles Chargers, had four tackles and one stuff against Giants.
- Reggie Porter, CB, Cleveland Browns, played in game against Jets and recorded no stats.
- Sealver Siliga, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, played in game against New England and recorded no stats.
- Sean Smith, CB, Oakland Raiders, had four combined tackles against Baltimore.
- Pita Taumoepenu, LB, San Francisco 49ers, played in game against Indianapolis and recorded no stats.
- Eric Weddle, S, Baltimore Ravens, had four solo tackles and three assisted tackles against Oakland.
- Marcus Williams, S, New Orleans Saints, played in game against Detroit and recorded no stats.
- Joe Williams, RB, San Francisco 49ers, played in game against Indianapolis and recorded no stats.
- Maurice Alexander, S, Los Angeles Rams, played in game against Seattle and recorded no stats.
- Marwin Evans, S, Green Bay Packers, played in game against Dallas and recorded no stats.
- Kyler Fackrell, LB, Green Bay Packers, played in game against Dallas and recorded no stats.
- Nevin Lawson, CB, Detroit Lions, had three combined tackles against Carolina.
- Devante Mays, RB, Green Bay Packers, played in game against Dallas and recorded no stats.
- Robert Turbin, RB, Indianapolis Colts, had four carries for 6 yards and two catches for 13 yards.
- Kerwynn Williams, RB, Arizona Cardinals, ran three time for negative 2 yards.
We're sorry, currently this live video stream is only available inside of Utah or an approved RSL broadcast territory.
We base your location on your IP address. Some providers IP addresses may show your location outside of the state, even though you are physically within the state boundaries. For more information about RSL on KSL, please see our FAQ.