SALT LAKE CITY — Week 4 showed that three former Utah linebackers are some of the best in the league so far this year. Alex Smith also continues to dismantle defenses, leading the Chiefs to 4-0.
Nick Vigil (Utah State):
Vigil propelled the Cincinnati Bengals to a 31-7 win over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. Vigil had a team-high eight solo tackles, four assisted tackles and three tackles for losses. Vigil also had one of the Bengals' two sacks. The second-year former Aggie linebacker leads the team in overall tackles with 34 tackles. Vigil also is one assisted tackle away from leading the team in that metric. He has already surpassed all of his defensive stats for his rookie year only three games into the season.
Kyle Van Noy (BYU):
Van Noy led the Patriots' defense in total tackles for consecutive games. Van Noy recorded a combined eight tackles in the Patriots' 30-33 lose against Carolina. He also had a sack in the game. Van Noy has a combined 29 tackles on the season, 23 of which are solo tackles.
Alex Smith (Utah):
Alex Smith showed Monday that he is a viable option in the Chiefs' running game. Smith ran the ball seven times for 56 yards and one touchdown. Smith’s longest run was for 32 yards, which was the longest run from scrimmage for the game. Smith finished the game throwing 27-of-37 for 293 yards and one passing touchdown. Smith has not thrown an interception so far this season. He also still leads the league in completion percentage and quarterback ratin
Bobby Wagner (Utah State):
Wagner had two assisted and four solo tackles in the Seahawks' victory over Indianapolis. Wagner also scored a defensive touchdown in the third quarter when the Seahawks' defense was able to force an Indianapolis fumble. Wagner picked up the ball on the 19-yard line and battled through four Colts to get into the end zone. Wagner also recorded half a sack in the game.
- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Detroit Lions, had three tackles against Minnesota.
- Michael Davis, CB, Los Angeles Chargers, had one tackle against Philadelphia.
- Bronson Kaufusi, DE, Baltimore Ravens, had one tackle against Pittsburgh.
- Harvey Langi, LB, New England Patriots, had one tackle against Carolina.
- Jordan Leslie, WR, Cleveland Browns, had one reception for 26 yards against Cincinnati.
- Jamaal Williams, RB, Green Bay Packers, had 11 yards on four carries and one reception for 2 yards.
- Daniel Sorensen, S, Kansas City Chiefs, had one tackle against Washington.
- James Cowser, LB, Oakland Raiders, had three combined tackles against Denver.
- Miles Killebrew, S, Detroit Lions, had three tackles against Minnesota.
- LeShaun Sims, CB, Tennessee Titans, had five tackles against Houston.
- Devontae Booker, RB, Denver Broncos, had 14 yards on three carries against Oakland.
- Kaelin Clay, WR, Buffalo Bills, played in the game against Atlanta and recorded no stats.
- Dominique Hatfield, Los Angeles Rams, had one tackle against Dallas.
- Star Lotulelei, DT, Carolina Panthers, had one tackle against New England.
- Brice McCain, CB, Tennessee Titans, had one tackle against Houston.
- Jared Norris, LB, Carolina Panthers, had one tackle against New England.
- Nate Orchard, DE, Cleveland Browns, had three combined tackles against Cincinnati.
- Tenny Palepoi, DT, Los Angeles Chargers, had four tackles against Philadelphia.
- Eric Rowe, CB, New England Patriots, had two combined tackles against Carolina.
- Derrick Shelby, DE, Atlanta Falcons, had two tackles and one sack against Buffalo.
- Sealver Siliga, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, had three tackles against the Giants.
- Sean Smith, CB, Oakland Raiders, had three combined tackles against Denver.
- Marcus Williams, S, New Orleans Saints, had six tackles against Miami.
- Eric Weddle, S, Baltimore Ravens, had eight combined tackles and one interception against Pittsburgh.
- Maurice Alexander, S, Los Angeles Rams, had two tackles against Dallas.
- Marwin Evans, S, Green Bay Packers, had one tackle against Chicago.
- Kyler Fackrell, LB, Green Bay Packers, played in the game and recorded no stats.
- Nevin Lawson, CB, Detroit Lions, had five total tackles against Minnesota.
- Kerwynn Williams, RB, Arizona Cardinals, carried for a negative 1 yard and had one reception for 10 yards.
- Robert Turbin, RB, Indianapolis Colts, had six carries for 8 yards and one touchdown.
We're sorry, currently this live video stream is only available inside of Utah or an approved RSL broadcast territory.
We base your location on your IP address. Some providers IP addresses may show your location outside of the state, even though you are physically within the state boundaries. For more information about RSL on KSL, please see our FAQ.