Utes struggle in 69-58 loss to UCLA at home
Utah was outmatched, outplayed, out-whatever-words-can-be-inserted-here as the visiting UCLA Bruins defeated the Utes 69-58 in a mostly lifeless effort from the opening tipoff.
The Associated Press | Posted Feb 21st - 12:11am
Brandon Averette made five 3-pointers and matched his season high with 20 points as Utah Valley topped Cal State Bakersfield 72-58 on Thursday night.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Feb 20th - 9:07pm
Childs had 22 points and 11 rebounds, and Haws added 28 points, nine assists, and a perfect 12-for-12 free-throw shooting as newly ranked No. 23 BYU basketball held off the Broncos 85-75 in the Marriott Center.
KSL.com Sports | Posted Feb 20th - 4:37pm
The semifinal round of the 3A girls state tournament begins Friday at Salt Lake Community College. Follow along with a recap of each game.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Feb 20th - 2:51pm
The 6-foot-9 senior from Tampere, Finland is a starting middle blocker has 40 blocks, 40 kills and 16 digs for the No. 2 Cougars, and he's doing it all while balancing a 4.0 GPA in computer science.
KSL.com Sports | Posted Feb 20th - 11:25am
The quarterfinals round of the 3A boys state tournament begins Thursday at Salt Lake Community College. Follow along with a recap of each game.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Feb 20th - 10:14am
You can’t win two games this week without winning the first one. And a win over the Broncos (18-9, 5-7 WCC) matters for BYU.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Feb 19th - 8:45pm
Sam Merrill poured in 26 points, and Justin Bean added 20 points and 14 rebounds to help Utah State pull away from hapless Wyoming, 78-58, Wednesday night at the Dee Glenn Smith Spectrum.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Feb 19th - 6:34pm
“Dalton’s stepped in and saved everybody else,” BYU coach Mark Pope said, “so it’s everybody else’s time to step in and save Dalton for a little while."
'I would love to play with Drew again': Former BYU star Taysom Hill reacts to Saints QB's decision to return
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Feb 19th - 4:39pm
Drew Brees is coming back to the NFL, and presumably with the New Orleans Saints. But what does that mean for Saints backup and former BYU quarterback Taysom Hill?
Francisco Guzman and Brian Ries, CNN | Posted Feb 19th - 11:01am
LeBron James, long a dominant force on the basketball court, will now try his hand at writing children's books.
Patrick Kinahan, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Feb 19th - 10:17am
With roughly one-third of the season remaining, the Jazz enter the home stretch set on finding a higher level of consistency and hopefully avoiding any major pitfalls.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Feb 18th - 8:51pm
BYU basketball has its best team since the Jimmer Fredette-led squad of 2010-11, according to Associated Press Top 25 voters. But are the Cougars a lock for the NCAA Tournament?
Brett Martel, Associated Press | Posted Feb 18th - 12:07pm
Quarterback Drew Brees' record-setting NFL career is on track for a 20th season — and a 15th with the New Orleans Saints.
Mark Long, Associated Press | Posted Feb 17th - 7:44pm
Ryan Newman has barrel-rolled his way through many terrifying crashes over his 20-year NASCAR career. This one, though, caused the sport to pause.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Feb 17th - 11:32am
Let's celebrate the recent nuptials of former Alta High soccer star (and current Chicago Red Stars forward) Kealia Ohai and her new husband, J.J. Watt the way Grandma intended.
Josh Furlong, KSL.com | Posted Feb 17th - 11:28am
Utah scheduled a home-and-home series with the recent college football champions, the LSU Tigers, for the 2031 and 2032 seasons.
Ryan Miller, KSL.com | Posted Feb 16th - 10:23pm
Rudy Gobert was looking like an MVP candidate. And then he didn't play again.
Tim Reynolds, Associated Press | Posted Feb 16th - 9:50pm
Players were taking charges, bodies were hitting the floor, calls and non-calls were being screamed about on both ends. The fourth quarter of the NBA All-Star Game was as intense as the final moments of a playoff game, the biggest stars in the league holding absolutely nothing back.
- Jauhiainen's star shines bright on court, in classroom for No. 2 BYU volleyball's 13-0 start
- No. 23 BYU's most important game this week is against Santa Clara, and here's why
- Dalton Nixon's ankle injury has No. 23 BYU basketball hurting before season-finale homestand
- 'I would love to play with Drew again': Former BYU star Taysom Hill reacts to Saints QB's decision to return
- Rudy Gobert puts on MVP-worthy performance — but doesn't get a chance to finish it
- 'We are going to need that relationship': How far can All-Star bond between Gobert and Mitchell take the Jazz?
- Where the Jazz think they stand at the All-Star break
- 'We look like ourselves again': The Jazz are riding high into the All-Star break
- 3A boys state tourney: Richfield outlasts Morgan in defensive slugfest
- Roar of the crowd, 7 champions fuel Juab to fourth-straight 3A wrestling title
- Brothers Hunter, Luke Schroeder repeat dad's task, lead Mountain Crest to 4A wrestling title
- Mountain Crest, Juab ahead at 4A, 3A wrestling tournament, but not by much