09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- 2 Weber County couples killed in plane crash on I-15
- FBI investigating death of Utah woman on Alaskan cruise ship
- Why intense workouts are leading to a life-threatening condition
- After losing 5 babies in 11 months, Utah family teaches others to grieve through gifting
- Teen pleads not guilty in fatal crash recorded on Instagram
- Wednesday's Child - 'I should have a mom, but for now I don't'
- Waist-deep water floods homes, cuts power in Salt Lake
- Spinning Ohio State Fair ride breaks apart; 1 dead, 7 hurt
- Now hiring at Amazon: Thousands of people in 1 day
- Exhibitors mixed on Outdoor Retailer moving to Colorado