10/20/2013 10:59pmIn a story Oct. 19 about the discovery of a rare oarfish on a Southern California beach, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of the oceanographic institution contacted by Oceanside police. The organization is Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California, San Diego, not The Scripps Research Institute.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police seek missing man after vehicle found 'under suspicious circumstances'
- Utah couple was celebrating anniversary on cruise
- Road trip? Here's the healthiest fast food meals
- 3-year-old girl in critical condition after being hit by car
- Family discovers dog is alive after thinking she was euthanized
- Woman remembers sister killed in plane crash as one who lifted others
- Police: Man arrested after attempted kidnapping at Liberty Park
- 2 girls hospitalized after being struck by lightning in Beaver County
- Missing teenage girl from Gunnison found safe in Cedar City
- 2 dead after SLC crash, TRAX service affected near U.