Holladay residents launch petition to block old Cottonwood Mall housing development
Holladay residents protesting a 57-acre, high-density housing development have launched a petition to let voters decide whether to stop the project in its tracks.
Latest News & Features
Wendy Leonard, KSL | Posted Jun 23rd - 6:47pm
Hundreds of Utah kids participated in the World's Largest Swimming Lesson on Thursday, a worldwide effort to increase awareness of the importance of water safety and to prevent drowning.
Amy Taxin, Associated Press | Posted Jun 23rd - 6:29pm
The Trump administration is calling for the expanded use of family detention for immigrant parents and children who are stopped along the U.S.-Mexico border, a move decried by advocates as a cruel and ineffective attempt to deter families from coming to the United States.
McKenna Park, KSL | Posted Jun 23rd - 5:13pm
In its 42nd year, the annual Utah Arts Festival is showcasing a range of visual and performing arts, including music, dance, film and visual art.
Yvette Cruz, KSL.com | Posted Jun 23rd - 4:40pm
Three bicyclists participating in a charity event were injured Saturday morning when a vehicle rear-ended the group, officials report.
Jordan Ormond, KSL.com | Posted Jun 23rd - 3:01pm
A man has been arrested in connection with what police called a suspicious death Friday.
Sean Moody, KSL TV | Posted Jun 23rd - 2:39pm
Andy and Amanda Peterson wanted to do something big for their anniversary, so they decided to do a remodel of their master bedroom. Their door is now the iconic "Jurassic Park" gate thanks to the couple's shared love of the Spielberg dinosaur classic.
Jasen Lee, KSL | Posted Jun 23rd - 1:38pm
Ogden resident Guy Wilkins, an authority on solar salt production, was recognized at the 2018 World Salt Symposium hosted in Park City. He made a name for himself developing formulas that helped salt-making plants operate more efficiently.
Andrew Adams, KSL TV | Posted Jun 23rd - 1:12pm
A tense situation with a man, who appeared to be armed with a gun, was resolved when an officer from a neighboring police department opened fire with a "less-lethal" shotgun.
Elias Meseret, Associated Press | Posted Jun 23rd - 12:25pm
A thwarted attempt to hurl a grenade at Ethiopia's reformist new prime minister led to a deadly explosion Saturday at a massive rally in support of sweeping changes in Africa's second most populous country. Nine police officials were arrested, state media reported.
Lauren Said-moorhouse, CNN | Posted Jun 23rd - 11:40am
Millennials in the UK are on track to be the first generation to be less healthy than their parents by the time they reach middle age, a new report suggests.
Jody Genessy, Deseret News | Posted Jun 23rd - 11:28am
Trivia-loving Utah Jazz fans will get a kick out of one particular tidbit regarding newly drafted Grayson Allen’s bio from his playing days at Duke.
Alex Cabrero, KSL TV | Posted Jun 23rd - 11:01am
A practice show Friday for the Warriors Over the Wasatch air show gave a lot of folks in northern Utah a sneak preview. But for Hometown Hero honoree Aaron Thompson, it meant an hour-long flight he'd never forget.
Jordan Ormond, KSL.com | Posted Jun 23rd - 10:33am
A woman was arrested Friday following a high-speed police chase that spanned 88 miles along I-15 in central Utah.
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Jun 23rd - 9:31am
A research program at the University of Utah did not properly list procedures and lung test tests performed on lambs in 2017, according to a federal inspection report released Friday.
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Jun 23rd - 9:00am
A federal grand jury has indicted a former U.S. intelligence officer from Utah on charges alleging he spied for the Chinese government in exchange for $800,000.
Jordan Ormond, KSL.com | Posted Jun 23rd - 8:06am
Police say a driver ran a red light at 5400 South and Bangerter Highway early Saturday morning, causing a crash that critically injured three people.
Foster The Children | Posted Jun 23rd - 8:00am
John and Cayce Thill became foster parents to provide a safe place for children until they could get back home to their parents. As they cared for children who ultimately didn’t have the option to return home, the couple's perspective changed.
Alec Williams, KSL | Posted Jun 23rd - 7:25am
A 66-year-old man was found dead in a subdivision above Mt. Pleasant after an apparent ATV accident on Friday.
- Holladay residents launch referendum petition to block old Cottonwood Mall housing development
- 3 bicyclists hit by car during charity ride
- Jogger says US detained her after accidental border crossing
- Woman arrested following 88-mile police chase along I-15
- Man arrested in connection with suspicious death in St. George
- 66-year-old man found dead after apparent ATV accident
- Netflix's top spokesman fired over use of racial term
- 'I love you, be strong, we'll get through this': Josh and Thamy Holt open up about their ordeal
- Grand jury indicts Syracuse man on charges he spied for China
- South Jordan couple celebrates 20th anniversary in 'Jurassic Park' fashion
- Short on hype, high on motivation: BYU football vows to improve on 4-9 season
- Jazz draft Duke's Grayson Allen at No. 21 in the 2018 NBA Draft
- Messi, Argentina beaten 3-0 at World Cup, Croatia advances
- Nick Emery will return against Utah State, and 3 other observations on BYU's 2018-19 hoops schedule
- Archaeologists warn public about digging on state lands after large hole found at Saltair
- Squat toilets, helicopters and $12K worth of toilet paper: How national parks deal with human waste from visitors
- Bryce Canyon National Park to hire locals for park jobs through new program
- New algal bloom detected at Rockport Reservoir