Herb Crusted Salmon
Prepared by John Miller, Executive Chef, Intermountain McKay-Dee Hospital
Yield: 5 Servings
5 each Atlantic Salmon, 4oz portion
3 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp. Whole Grain or Brown Mustard
1 tbsp. Honey
2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Chopped
1 tsp. Fresh Tarragon, Chopped
2 tsp. Fresh Dill, Chopped
2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, Chopped
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the two mustards and honey.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the fresh herbs.
3. Lightly coat each piece of salmon with the mustard mixture, removing excess.
4. Transfer to the bowl with the mixed herbs, coating all sides evenly.
5. Preheat a skillet on medium heat for 2 minutes, add the olive oil. Carefully place each salmon fillet in the pan. Sear for 1 minute, then reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Turn over each fillet, if it is sticking, a tablespoon of water may be added to the pan to help it release.
7. Continue to cook for 4 more minutes or until an internal temperature of 145F is reached.
Serve with your favorite salad, grilled vegetables or rice pilaf.
We're sorry, currently this live video stream is only available inside of Utah or an approved RSL broadcast territory.
We base your location on your IP address. Some providers IP addresses may show your location outside of the state, even though you are physically within the state boundaries. For more information about RSL on KSL, please see our FAQ.