'He was a good kid:' Teen struck by stray bullet remembered for humor, spirituality
A teen who died after he was a struck by a stray bullet fired by a group target shooting Sunday afternoon had the ability to be the center of attention, his uncle said Monday.
Latest News & Features
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Sep 25th - 7:38am
A man who allegedly confessed to police that he robbed a fast-food restaurant, only to later claim he was paid to take the fall, was booked into jail after police say they believed him the first time.
With campaign in final weeks, Gov. Herbert and Gail Miller stumping for school funding ballot question
Marjorie Cortez, KSL | Posted Sep 25th - 7:21am
Coming soon to a television near you, Gov. Gary Herbert and Utah Jazz owner Gail Miller urging Utahns to support a nonbinding ballot question intended to increase education funding through a higher gasoline tax.
Linda Williams, KSL.com | Posted Sep 25th - 6:51am
A woman walking her bicycle across the street was hit by a vehicle near 3300 South and 700 East in South Salt Lake Tuesday morning. Southbound 700 East is closed in the area.
Maryclaire Dale and Michael R. Sisak, Associated Press | Posted Sep 24th - 11:37pm
Bill Cosby faces a good chance of being sent to prison Tuesday, when a judge is expected to sentence the TV star who was convicted of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman in 2004.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Sep 24th - 10:33pm
Tyler Toffoli scored twice, and Trevor Lewis added a third-period assist to help the Kings pull away from Vancouver, 4-1 in front of 12,367 fans Monday night at Vivint SmartHome Arena in the first NHL preseason game in Salt Lake City since 2008.
Tania Dean, KSL TV | Posted Sep 24th - 10:15pm
Hundreds, if not thousands, of vehicles are stolen in Utah every year. But the thieves who snatched a van from the Millcreek area Friday night, also took a woman's home and livelihood.
Tania Dean, KSL TV | Posted Sep 24th - 9:08pm
Two brothers diving for treasure in a Tooele County pond hoped to find something interesting, but they never expected to find a stolen gun.
Utah.com | Posted Sep 24th - 9:00pm
Here are five great options for a last-gasp adventure before homework and the weather really snow your family under.
Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted Sep 24th - 8:36pm
A Provo man was arrested after allegedly committing lewd acts in front of children in a Provo recreation center, police said.
Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Sep 24th - 8:04pm
Nebo School District in Utah County may hire a debt collector to recoup losses after parents failed to pay about $100,000 worth of fees, officials said.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Sep 24th - 7:32pm
A St. George man was arrested Thursday in connection with the reported sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl near a high school in 2017, according to a jail report.
Katie McKellar, KSL | Posted Sep 24th - 7:00pm
As the new board meant to start a fresh chapter for the scandal-riddled Utah Transit Authority gets closer to its November deadline to take control, state leaders are moving forward — even though a third seat is still empty.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Sep 24th - 6:31pm
Adam Pulsipher remembers where he was when he first heard that the BYU football team had made it into the Associated Press Top 25 for the first time since 2015. He remembers the text thread, at least.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Sep 24th - 5:47pm
A woman who allegedly became upset with her son who was supposed to be doing chores was arrested for investigation of felony child abuse over the weekend.
Josh Furlong, KSL.com | Posted Sep 24th - 5:30pm
Coming off a second-round appearance in last season’s NBA playoffs, the expectations are high for the Utah Jazz as they enter a new season. But last year’s success has no bearing on an always competitive Western Conference.
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Sep 24th - 4:40pm
A federal judge in Washington, D.C., has declined to move to Utah a pair of lawsuits fighting President Donald Trump's downsizing of the Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante national monuments.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Sep 24th - 4:09pm
A man who violently shook his 2-month-old son to death 18 years ago is seeking an early parole.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Sep 24th - 3:27pm
Both directions of Redwood Road have reopened and a TRAX bus bridge was set up for nearly an hour after a crash between a TRAX train and a vehicle Monday afternoon, officials said.
Maryclaire Dale and Michael R. Sisak, Associated Press | Posted Sep 24th - 2:50pm
Declaring Bill Cosby doesn't deserve a free pass because of his advanced age, prosecutors on Monday asked a judge to sentence the comedian to five to 10 years in prison for drugging and sexually assaulting a woman, while the defense argued that he is too old and helpless to do time behind bars.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Sep 24th - 2:40pm
One person was transported to a hospital after the car they were driving collided with a Utah Transit Authority bus before crashing into a home Monday morning, police said.
Lisa Riley Roche, KSL | Posted Sep 24th - 2:03pm
Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, slammed Democrats Monday for "partisan games and transparent attempts at character assassination" against U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
- 'He was a good kid:' Teen struck by stray bullet remembered for humor, spirituality
- Police: Man confesses to restaurant robbery, then changes his mind
- Woman hit by vehicle, southbound 700 East closed in South Salt Lake
- Snorkelers discover stolen gun while treasure hunting in Tooele County pond
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian crash in Taylorsville
- Custom van of professional photographer, climber stolen in Millcreek
- Police: Provo man arrested for lewd acts in front of children at rec center
- Police: Utah mother upset with teen son causes skull fracture, arrested for child abuse
- Bill Cosby's day of reckoning arrives in court
- Nebo School District may hire debt collector for $100K in fees parents aren't paying
- No. 20 BYU football team casts rankings aside in preparation for No. 11 Huskies
- Jazz open season with continuity and hopes to improve upon previous successes
- Great Clips of the Week: Cosmo loses his head over BYU’s 3-1 start
- Pac-12 roundup Week 4: No. 7 Stanford beats No. 20 Oregon in OT thriller, USC rallies for comeback win
- Portugal detains military police in weapons theft case
- UN leader: World has reached a "pivotal moment" in climate change, has to "change course in the next two years."
- UN leader says now is when we need multilateralism most
- UN chief tells world leaders the world is suffering from a bad case of "trust deficit disorder"