West Valley City police shoot, kill man in city hall
Police shot and killed a man in the DUI processing center inside West Valley City Hall Friday night, police said.
Latest News & Features
Gretel Kauffman, KSL | Posted Aug 23rd - 10:51pm
A mother bear and her two cubs were removed from a tree in the front yard of a Castle Valley home on Friday afternoon, according to the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources.
Marcelo By Souza, Associated Press | Posted Aug 23rd - 10:27pm
Fires have been breaking out at an unusual pace in Brazil this year, causing global alarm over deforestation in the Amazon region. The world's largest rainforest is often called the "lungs of the earth." Here's a look at what's happening:
Ashley Kewish, KSL TV | Posted Aug 23rd - 9:19pm
A 4-year-old girl has undergone multiple surgeries after being seriously burned in a van fire in Saratoga Springs in July.
Graham Dudley, KSL.com | Posted Aug 23rd - 8:47pm
The Gateway mall continued its ongoing reinvention Friday with the opening of its first grocery store named, appropriately, The Store.
Ryan Miller, KSL.com | Posted Aug 23rd - 8:05pm
RSL has won 10 of the last 12 Rocky Mountain Cups. That's cooled off the once-heated rivalry, but it's not the only reason.
The Associated Press | Posted Aug 23rd - 7:07pm
The Navajo Nation has settled claims against Wells Fargo accusing the company of predatory and unlawful practices.
The Associated Press | Posted Aug 23rd - 5:52pm
The U.S. Air Force has awarded Boeing a contract for replacement wings for more than 100 A-10 jets, covering the remaining ground support jets still needing wing replacements.
Lisa Riley Roche, KSL | Posted Aug 23rd - 5:19pm
Just 30% of Utah voters support amending the state constitution to remove the requirement that all income tax revenues be spent on education, a new poll finds.
Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Posted Aug 23rd - 4:05pm
The Goose Point Fire, which started burning in Utah County Wednesday evening, had reached 8,908 acres and was 90% contained as of Friday afternoon.
Jessica Gresko and Marilynn Marchione, Associated Press | Posted Aug 23rd - 3:33pm
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has completed radiation therapy for a cancerous tumor on her pancreas and there is no evidence of the disease remaining, the Supreme Court said Friday.
Green Light Auto Inspections | Posted Aug 23rd - 3:00pm
Many people have horror stories about buying a car with more problems than they could count. That and many other reasons are why you should get an independent inspection.
Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted Aug 23rd - 2:05pm
The detective tasked with helping University of Utah student Lauren McCluskey was fired months later for showing a “complete dereliction of duty.”
Lindsay Whitehurst and David Crary, Associated Press | Posted Aug 23rd - 1:28pm
Planned Parenthood clinics in several states are charging new fees, tapping financial reserves, intensifying fundraising and warning of more unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases after its decision to quit a $260 million federal family planning program in an abortion dispute with the Trump administration.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Aug 23rd - 1:08pm
BYU wing Zac Seljaas will miss the start of the 2019-20 season after undergoing surgery for a broken foot Friday, BYU spokesman Kyle Chilton confirmed to KSL.com.
Ryan Miller, KSL.com | Posted Aug 23rd - 12:13pm
Tom Nissalke, the first head coach for the Utah Jazz following their move from New Orleans 1979, died Thursday. He was 87.
- West Valley City police shoot, kill man in city hall
- Prep football: Week 2 scores and schedule
- 4-year-old girl has toes amputated following Saratoga Springs van fire
- Heber City man charged with raping teen
- Bears removed from tree in front yard near Moab
- Police arrest man who they say exposed himself to women, 11-year-old girl
- Detective in Lauren McCluskey case was fired months later for ‘dereliction of duty’
- AP Explains: The causes and risks of the Amazon fires
- So-called flushable wipes are clogging sewer lines, officials say
- Utah-based grocer The Store opens in The Gateway
- Going hiking? Police say take your wallet and phone with you
- Smoky Mountains visitor returns rock from falls taken as a souvenir
- Here's why tiger muskies can now be found in 3 of Utah’s higher-elevated lakes
- Boulder traveled over 2K feet before crashing into Springville family's porch, state officials say