Teen who left smoldering backpack at school ordered to probation until 21
A southern Utah teenager who left a smoldering backpack containing shotgun powder and BB pellets in a school cafeteria last year has been ordered to four years of probation.
Latest News & Features
Gregory Katz, Associated Press | Posted Apr 25th - 10:49am
What would the founding fathers think? Almost 250 years after the United States launched a revolution to rid itself of the British royal family, the next royal baby could be an American.
Marjorie Cortez, KSL | Posted Apr 25th - 10:15am
The Jordan District school is one of seven new schools the district needs to keep pace with steady enrollment enrollment growth in the southwest quadrant of Salt Lake County. A new high school in Herriman is on track to open next fall.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Apr 25th - 9:45am
A nearly century-old bridge that a small southern Utah town banded together to preserve is set to ceremoniously reopen next week.
Mike Anderson, KSL TV | Posted Apr 25th - 8:39am
A slimy, grimy ball of goop is garnering a bit of attention on West Haven City’s Facebook page. It came out of a sewer pump Monday.
Ryan Miller, KSL.com | Posted Apr 25th - 8:00am
Donovan Mitchell wasn't great on Wednesday. He thinks it'll help him be great in the future.
Giant Carpet One | Posted Apr 25th - 8:00am
Whether you need a bit more space, more efficient space or are just ready for a new and refreshed look, gearing up for a home remodel can be both exciting and nerve-wracking. To help you as you plan, here are some tips.
Dan Rascon, KSL TV | Posted Apr 25th - 7:37am
The family and comrades of a fallen Utah police officer hope to find healing next month when they see him honored in Washington D.C.
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Apr 25th - 7:05am
By the time today's preschoolers have grandchildren of their own, Utah's classrooms and workplaces will be significantly more diverse. In 2065, the Beehive State will look much like the nation as a whole does today, a new state report projects.
Steve Peoples and Thomas Beaumont, Associated Press | Posted Apr 25th - 6:25am
Former Vice President Joe Biden formally joined the crowded Democratic presidential contest on Thursday, declaring the "soul of this nation" at stake if President Donald Trump wins re-election.
Amy Joi O'Donoghue, KSL | Posted Apr 24th - 9:43pm
A new report shows Utah is among the top five states in the country for temperature gains between 1970 and 2018, experiencing annual average temperatures increases of 3 degrees. The report by Climate Central shows Utah's warmest season is its spring.
Katie McKellar, KSL | Posted Apr 24th - 9:12pm
A group of protestors fighting against the proposed Utah Inland Port successfully hijacked the port authority's board meeting Wednesday night.
Salt Lake Chamber | Posted Apr 24th - 9:00pm
This year marks the 150th anniversary of the completion of the transcontinental railroad at Promontory Summit, Utah. Utah – and the country at large – would never be the same.
Emily Fonnesbeck, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Apr 24th - 8:05pm
You may find your cravings have wisdom. They can teach you a lot actually, if you’ll let them. Here's a list of possibilities of what they are trying to tell you.
John Clyde, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Apr 24th - 7:33pm
While all 21 previous Marvel Cinematic Universe films tie into “Avengers: Endgame” in some way, there are a few that are essential to being up to speed with when it comes to the 22nd film. Here is a recap of those films.
Jasen Lee, KSL | Posted Apr 24th - 7:00pm
Utah's housing market has been among the hottest in the West in recent years. But new information suggests that more reasonable growth may be on the horizon.
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Posted Apr 24th - 6:45pm
An off-duty officer with the Navajo Police Department was arrested for investigation of DUI on Sunday, authorities said.
- Man killed in Alpine trench collapse
- High school senior killed in West Valley City crash Wednesday
- ‘Fatbergs’ are a reminder of what not to flush
- Teen who left smoldering backpack at school ordered to probation until 21
- Harry and Meghan: Newest royal baby could be an American
- Southern Utah town set to celebrate reopening of 94-year-old bridge
- West Jordan toymaker asked to leave workshop
- Jordan School District breaks ground for elementary school where the antelope roam
- 'You don't succeed without failure': Donovan Mitchell will learn from Game 5 performance
- 3 Alabama men went viral after seeing a widow eating alone and inviting her to sit with them
- 'We didn’t want to go back to Utah, seriously': Rockets knew how important Game 5 was
- Missed shots and missed opportunities: Jazz season ends in Game 5 loss
- Report: WAC freshman of the year Wyatt Lowell plans to follow Mark Pope to BYU
- BYU hoops coach Mark Pope hires 3 assistants: Burgess, Fueger from UVU, Robinson from Southern Utah
- Nepal quake-hit villages struggle with reconstruction
- French President Emmanuel Macron pledges to cut taxes for middle-class workers.
- Cyprus police officials say an army captain told investigators he killed seven people, five women and two girls
- Malaysia climber recovered alive on Nepal's Mount Annapurna