Census: US median age has risen; Utah the nation’s youngest
America is aging. However, U.S. Census Bureau numbers show Utah had the lowest median age in 2018, at 31.0 years.
Latest News & Features
Jessica Gresko, Associated Press | Posted Jun 20th - 10:33am
A World War I memorial in the shape of a 40-foot-tall cross can continue to stand on public land in Maryland, the Supreme Court ruled Thursday in an important decision about the use of religious symbols in American life.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Jun 20th - 10:16am
With five goals in eight matches, including a sublime counter-attacking effort from distance in last week’s 1-0 win over New Jersey-based Sky Blue FC, Rodriguez’s resurgence couldn’t come along at a better time for Utah Royals FC.
The Associated Press | Posted Jun 20th - 10:01am
The Supreme Court says Congress didn't do anything improper when it gave the attorney general the ability to decide how to apply a sex offender registry law to more than 500,000 people convicted before the law was enacted.
Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar, Associated Press | Posted Jun 20th - 8:41am
Roughly one in every six times someone is taken to an emergency room or checks in to the hospital, the treatment is followed by a "surprise" medical bill, according to a study released Thursday. And depending on where you live, the odds can be much higher.
Linda Williams, KSL.com and Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Jun 20th - 8:30am
Fifteen residents were displaced from their homes after an apartment caught fire in Salt Lake City Thursday morning, officials said.
David Crary, Associated Press | Posted Jun 20th - 8:22am
Under financial pressure from sex-abuse litigation, the Boy Scouts of America are seeking to bolster their abuse-prevention efforts with a new awareness program featuring cartoon-style videos that will be provided to more than 1.2 million Cub Scouts across the nation.
Heather Simonsen, KSL TV | Posted Jun 20th - 8:11am
A young Ogden mother is recovering from a mysterious disease. She became very sick after delivering her baby by C-section, and doctors fought to save her.
Mountainstar Healthcare | Posted Jun 20th - 8:00am
While summer heats up, millions of people across the nation are simmering down from school-year schedules and demands. This season of downtime is a great time to schedule your family's annual physical exams.
Laurie Welch, Magicvalley.com | Posted Jun 20th - 7:21am
A man accused of shooting two people in Utah and leading Cassia County Idaho deputies on a two-day manhunt was arraigned Tuesday in Cassia County District Court.
Lisa Riley Roche, KSL | Posted Jun 20th - 7:04am
Lawmakers are looking now at coming up with a process for filling unexpected congressional vacancies that looks a lot like what Gov. Gary Herbert ended up doing two years ago.
Nasser Karimi and Jon Gambrell, Associated Press | Posted Jun 20th - 6:36am
Iran's Revolutionary Guard shot down a U.S. surveillance drone Thursday in the Strait of Hormuz, marking the first time the Islamic Republic directly attacked the American military amid tensions over Tehran's unraveling nuclear deal with world powers.
Gretel Kauffman | Posted Jun 19th - 10:17pm
A 17-year-old Utah boy who says his school principal assaulted him in fifth grade is suing Soldier Hollow Charter School, saying the school should have done more to investigate earlier complaints.
Lisa Riley Roche, KSL | Posted Jun 19th - 10:02pm
There wasn't much to say during the first official report of the Legislature's Tax Restructuring and Equalization Task Force to lawmakers on Wednesday.
Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Posted Jun 19th - 9:44pm
A man died Wednesday evening after his motorcycle drove off the side of the road at a high rate of speed, police say.
Jed Boal, KSL TV | Posted Jun 19th - 9:31pm
There’s a digital health revolution underway making it easier for all of us to track our wellness online, and with our doctors.
Danica Coto, Associated Press | Posted Jun 19th - 9:08pm
Former Red Sox slugger David Ortiz was shot in the back by a gunman who mistook him for the real target, another man who was seated at the same table at an outdoor cafe, Dominican officials said Wednesday.
Michael Nedelman, CNN | Posted Jun 19th - 8:38pm
Patients who receive a diagnosis of coronary heart disease are at higher risk for cognitive decline later on, a new study shows.
Dennis Romboy, KSL | Posted Jun 19th - 8:12pm
Utah will be one of the first states in the country to charge electric and hybrid vehicle owners for the miles they drive under a voluntary program starting in January.
Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Posted Jun 19th - 7:48pm
Fake texts posing as Wells Fargo Bank are being sent to some Utahns, according to a warning sent out Wednesday by Utah Division of Consumer Protection.
- Young Ogden mother contracts flesh-eating disease after giving birth
- Iran shoots down US surveillance drone, heightening tensions
- Utah sex offender follows group to expose himself, police say
- Census: US median age has risen; Utah the nation’s youngest
- 2 women share their experience at the LDS Millionaire event
- Have You Seen This? Puppy has the cutest nighttime routine
- The Mike Conley trade was a big swing for the Jazz, but what can they do now?
- Off-duty New York police officer saves kayaker in Moab
- 1 in 6 ER visits or hospital stays triggers 'surprise' bill
- Own a hybrid or electric car? UDOT would like to talk to you
4Ocean calls for plastic reduction, invites retailers to fight pollution in the way they manufacture
- Outdoor Retailer honors the outdoor community’s most inspiring individuals
- What events like Outdoor Retailer do for the outdoor industry
- State water expert not predicting major flooding, warns about high, dangerous waters
- Summer 2019 Outdoor Retailer market to showcase gear, sustainability and recreation in Denver
- Trump says Iran might have mistakenly shot down US drone, speculates it was someone being 'loose and stupid'
- Indiana father acquitted in starvation death of 2-month-old
- US military says Iran sought to disrupt American ability to monitor Persian Gulf region when it shot down drone
- North Texas officer who failed to find abducted girl fired