University of Utah students call on passengers to shut down distracted driving
University of Utah students hope their new safety campaign will empower passengers to peer pressure drivers against texting, scrolling or skipping songs while driving.
Latest News & Features
The Associated Press | Posted Oct 17th - 10:45pm
A man who was previously convicted of fatally shooting a University of Utah student has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for killing a Colorado man.
Dennis Romboy, KSL | Posted Oct 17th - 9:43pm
The Senate Judiciary Committee advanced the nomination of David B. Barlow as a federal judge in Utah to the full Senate on Thursday.
Aley Davis, KSL TV | Posted Oct 17th - 8:48pm
Chronic sickness is often a reason to stay at home and rest, but one Bountiful woman is determined not to let anything prevent her from the sport she loves. In the end, her dedication has paid off.
Liesl Nielsen, KSL.com | Posted Oct 17th - 8:04pm
Nearly 20 years ago, Clay Wilkes was the proud father of 10 grown children and comfortably retired. Now, he's recently finished leading Utah tech company Galileo through a $77 million funding round.
Mike Godfrey, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Oct 17th - 7:32pm
As home to dozens of mountain ranges, Utah represents an extremely crowded field of high-elevation splendor, but Mount Timpanogos in Utah County rises above all other (some taller) peaks as Utah's Everest. Here are four reasons why.
Graham Dudley, KSL.com | Posted Oct 17th - 5:33pm
Police and the Utah Better Business Bureau are alerting local consumers and business leaders after receiving complaints about a company selling fake or deceptive sponsorships for high school sports teams.
Katie McKellar, KSL | Posted Oct 17th - 5:07pm
Former state Sen. Jim Dabakis, the top vote getter of the Salt Lake City mayoral candidates who failed to advance through the primary, weighed in on the race.
Lisa Mascaro and Mary Clare Jalonick, Associated Press | Posted Oct 17th - 4:50pm
The White House acknowledged Thursday that President Donald Trump's decision to hold up military aid to Ukraine was linked to his demand that Kyiv investigate the Democratic National Committee and the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign.
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Oct 17th - 4:17pm
A possible plea deal is in the works for a West Valley man accused of inviting Latter-day Saint missionaries to his house and holding them at gunpoint.
Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Oct 17th - 3:34pm
Riley Nelson, a Utah Transit Authority train operator, saw a light in the distance as he carried about 60 passengers northward away from Salt Lake City.
Lifevantage | Posted Oct 17th - 3:00pm
There's often so much going on at any given sports game, it's hard to focus on the small details that make it possible.
Lisa Riley Roche, KSL | Posted Oct 17th - 2:58pm
Utah’s only Democrat in Congress, Rep. Ben McAdams, rated higher among voters than the state’s three other U.S. House members, according to a new UtahPolicy.com poll.
Sean Walker, KSL.com | Posted Oct 17th - 2:44pm
A panel of members from the Utah High School Activities Association's executive committee unanimously upheld a decision (3-0) to forfeit the Knights' five previous wins of the season for fielding an ineligible player.
Graham Dudley, KSL.com | Posted Oct 17th - 2:33pm
As lawmakers heard statistics Wednesday on the state of gun crime in Utah, a new study shows Utah’s rate of gun ownership has increased more than any other state over the past decade.
Sandra Gonzalez, CNN | Posted Oct 17th - 2:03pm
There something I wish I'd known before walking into an interview with Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey: quoting them would be nearly impossible at the end.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Oct 17th - 1:35pm
Records are meant to be broken, but those who oversee water in southwestern Utah aren’t pleased with St. George’s new record.
Dennis Romboy, KSL | Posted Oct 17th - 1:19pm
A Latter-day Saint bishop faces potential criminal charges for allegedly possessing and distributing what investigators described as “child sexual abuse material.”
Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Posted Oct 17th - 12:38pm
A Utah woman who admitted to helping distribute over 99 pounds of methamphetamine in Utah, Idaho and elsewhere, between 2014 and 2016, will spend 20 years in federal prison, authorities said.
Jen Christensen, CNN | Posted Oct 17th - 11:30am
Pregnant women who have been exposed to high levels of pollution face an increased risk of "silent miscarriage" in the first trimester, according to a new study. A "silent miscarriage" happens when a fetus hasn't formed or has died, but the placenta and embryonic tissue remain.
Guest opinion: The church does not support conversion therapy, but that doesn’t fit in some headlines
Jacob Hess and Hal Boyd, Contributor | Posted Oct 17th - 11:25am
The well-being of youths and children is — and should be — common ground on which everyone can stand.
- Man who killed Utah student sentenced for Colorado killing
- UDOT: Speed up or move over!
- Latter-day Saint bishop jailed, accused of having images of child sex abuse
- Why legendary Mount Timpanogos is Utah's 'Everest'
- Here is the latest news from The Associated Press at 5:40 a.m. EDT
- Prep football: Week 10 scores and schedule
- Utah woman who admitted to distributing 99 pounds of meth sentenced to 20 years in prison
- University of Utah students call on passengers to shut down distracted driving
- Video: Trooper saves driver seconds before train collides with car
- Mitt Romney: Abandoning Kurds 'a bloodstain' on US
- Lone Peak football loses appeal, will open playoffs at 1-9
- Zack Moss says 'there's no pressure' as he nears Utah's all-time rushing record
- Going out on top: Provo's Tony McGeary retiring with school's first region title since 2005
- 'I'm not worried about Bojan': There are clear reasons why the Jazz's Bogdanovic has struggled this preseason
- 102 large animals illegally poached in Utah since August, wildlife officials say
- Algal blooms still a concern for waterfowl hunters despite colder weather
- 3 abandoned cougar kittens sent to New York zoo after being rescued in Utah
- Nature fans rejoice! 11 nearby places to celebrate National Wildlife Refuge Week