Brian Head Fire reaches 33,000 acres by Friday
The Brian Head Fire burned 33,000 acres by Friday evening, destroying 21 structures since it started last week.
Latest News & Features
Ashley Stilson | Posted Jun 23rd - 10:39pm
A wildfire scorched more than 2,250 acres of land on West Mountain near Payson, officials reported on Friday
Alison Berg | Posted Jun 23rd - 10:01pm
Park City on Friday became the first mountain resort community in the country, and the first city in the state, to operate a zero-emission, all-electric bus system.
Wayne Drash and Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN | Posted Jun 23rd - 9:22pm
Ashley Stilson | Posted Jun 23rd - 9:00pm
A wildfire started by an ATV crash is dying down after burning 20 acres near Soldier Hollow on Friday, officials reported.
Amy Joi O'Donoghue | Posted Jun 23rd - 8:49pm
A proposal by the Bureau of Land Management to offer oil and gas leases next to Dinosaur National Monument is raising objections by the National Park Service and environmental groups. Other leases are being offered in the San Rafael region in Utah.
Ben Lockhart | Posted Jun 23rd - 8:16pm
The Utah Patients Coalition will submit a ballot initiative application to the lieutenant governor's office Monday that, if supported, would allow Utahns to vote on whether to legalize medical use of the whole marijuana plant.
Xoel Cardenas | Posted Jun 23rd - 7:38pm
Brigham Young University has formalized its amnesty policy to help protect student victims and witnesses of sexual assault or rape, university officials announced Friday afternoon.
Ashley Stilson | Posted Jun 23rd - 7:31pm
An elderly woman died after her car crashed into the side of an abandoned bowling alley on Friday, officials reported.
Pat Reavy | Posted Jun 23rd - 7:08pm
Ephraim Police Chief Ron Rasmussen was letting paperwork in his office slide, creating potential problems for city prosecutors and other officials, according to city officials.
Mark Kennedy, Associated Press | Posted Jun 23rd - 6:43pm
Ashley Stilson | Posted Jun 23rd - 6:01pm
A Walmart market was evacuated Friday afternoon due to a gas leak, officials reported.
Pat Reavy | Posted Jun 23rd - 5:43pm
A former LDS bishop in Mapleton has been arrested and accused of drugging and sexually abusing two teenage boys.
Matthew Daly, Associated Press | Posted Jun 23rd - 5:40pm
Pat Reavy | Posted Jun 23rd - 5:07pm
Another man has been arrested in a human trafficking investigation involving a woman allegedly smuggled into Utah from Mexico and forced into prostitution for eight years.
Danica Kirka, Associated Press | Posted Jun 23rd - 4:43pm
One London community is evacuating some 800 households from five publicly owned apartment towers because of safety concerns following the devastating fire that killed 79 people in a west London high-rise last week.
Alan Fram and Regina Garcia Cano, Associated Press | Posted Jun 23rd - 4:20pm
Lisa Riley Roche | Posted Jun 23rd - 4:02pm
Rep. Jason Chaffetz announced his June 30 resignation date again Friday, this time in a letter to U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan that's intended to clear up concerns raised by Utah lawmakers that Chaffetz might change his mind.
McKenzie Romero | Posted Jun 23rd - 3:11pm
A Somali refugee shot by police officers at age 17 in a confrontation near a homeless shelter, sparking a riot and criticism of officers, resolved his case stemming from the incident Friday and was terminated from juvenile court.
- Utah man opens up about trip to North Korea
- Brian Head Fire reaches 33,000 acres by Friday
- Former Mapleton Mormon bishop accused of drugging, abusing 2 teens
- Elderly woman dies after car crashes into abandoned bowling alley
- Brush fire burns 100 acres above Farmington
- Depp's 'assassin' comments the latest in celebrity anger
- How to spot domestic violence and where to seek help
- Friend links 2nd missing Utah woman, teen daughter to man sought in 3 Idaho deaths
- BYU formalizes amnesty policy to help protect student victims, witnesses of sexual assault
- The Latest: Death toll from Pakistan attacks climbs to 73
- Cougars to retire No. 6 jersey, and other highlights from BYU football media day
- From Left Field: NBA draft’s top pick makes online mistake; kittens and hockey is a winning combo
- How Donovan Mitchell found his way to the Utah Jazz
- Jazz trade up twice, select Donovan Mitchell with No. 13, Tony Bradley with No. 28