12/12/2013 7:00pmBattle-fatigued and suddenly bipartisan, the House voted Thursday night to ease across-the-board federal spending cuts and head off future government shutdowns, acting after Speaker John Boehner unleashed a stinging attack on tea party-aligned conservative groups campaigning for the measure's defeat.
Browse by Day Archive
- 6-hour SWAT standoff ends with 1 dead in Heber
- Rose excited for future with annex, 'Lone Peak 4'
- Police: Copper theft yields 'tens of thousands of dollars in damage'
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel sites worry some high-rise residents
- Make Your Week: 2 stories to restore your faith in humanity
- Cincinnati Zoo director defends killing gorilla to save boy
- The 12 most expensive movies ever made
- Man stabbed after argument on school playground
- Unlike: Tenants fume over apartment complex's new Facebook addendum
- Police ID man killed in possible road rage incident