10/23/2013 7:01amWhen a federal program that promised cash rebates to people who traded in their clunkers for more fuel-efficient vehicles was overrun by demand, President Barack Obama assigned Jeffrey Zients, his deputy budget director, to help eliminate the backlog.
Browse by Day Archive
- 1 dead, 1 injured in motorcycle crash near Fillmore
- Scientist discovers snakes that hunt in packs
- 24 indicted in major meth distribution ring targeting S.L. County
- Humane Society representing family whose dog was ordered to die under Santaquin ordinance
- Vivint reaches $100K settlement with Wyoming after alleged violations
- Woman stops car thief: 'I'm not dealing with this sort of crap today!'
- What parents should know about 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales'
- DWR seeks info about cougar illegally killed in Beaver County
- 'This will change lives:' New center's goal is to rehab likely repeat offenders
- State refuses to pay Swallow's $1.5M legal bill