07/01/2013 3:34pmFiscal years begin July 1 on most financial calendars, and a slew of state government spending regulations kick in each year on that date. Policy laws also hit the books in a wave, though states often mark their independence by enacting such legislation on their own time.
Browse by Day Archive
- Federal government employee caught driving recklessly
- Coin counting machine experiment: How accurate are they?
- Trump's big day underway: First, church before swearing-in
- Student protesters call for U. to become a sanctuary campus
- Man reunited with missing dog after wife dies in car crash
- Paramedic commuting to work aids man who suffered heart attack while driving
- Boyfriend of the year sews iconic ‘Beauty and the Beast’ ball gown for fairy tale marriage proposal
- Redford talks Trump, growth in Utah as Sundance kicks off
- Obama commutes sentences of 3 Utah drug offenders
- Continuous snow takes big bite out of UDOT snow removal budget