KSL 5 TV and The Leonardo
Da Vince Genius Exhibition
“Explore your Imagination” Contest
1. Dates/Eligibility. The KSL 5 TV and The Leonardo “Explore your Imagination” Contest (the “Contest”) begins October 15, 2012 and ends November 1, 2012. KSL 5 TV (the “Station”) may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be posted on a page at www.ksl.com (the “Site”). The Contest is open to all legal residents of Utah, eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry (“Contestant”). There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a contestant’s chance of winning. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees or agents of the Station, Bonneville International Corporation, The Leonardo, any entity associated with the sponsorship or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Sponsors”) or any other television or radio station that serves the Salt Lake City, Utah area, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, are ineligible to participate.
2. How to Enter. Beginning October 15, 2012 and continuing until approximately 11:59 p.m., November 1, 2012, contestants can enter the Contest by visiting the Site and submitting a completed “Explore your Imagination” entry form including an idea of an invention they would like to see created and why in 55 (fifty-five) words or less. An alternative form of entry is to send a postcard with the contestant’s name, address, age, telephone number, Internet Code and the name of the Contest to KSL 5 TV, Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, P. O. Box 1160, Salt Lake City, Utah 84110-1160. Postcards must be received by the Station on or before October 30, 2012. Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of entry method. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Station. Contestant maintains intellectual property rights on their own and individual submissions to the Station.
3. Selection of Winner. At the conclusion of the Contest period, The Leonardo will select five (5) finalists from all eligible entries. The Station will attempt to contact the finalists using the information contained on the entry form or postcard. If the Station is unable to timely contact the winner, the Station may discard the winner’s entry form or postcard and select an alternate finalist. The finalists will be invited to attend "A Night of Genius, hosted by The Leonardo" event at The Leonardo (at 209 East 500 South Salt Lake City, UT 84111) on November 9 at 6 pm where they will present their invention idea (through sketch or concept creation) to the panel of judges. The sketches or concept creations will then be on display at the Leonardo from November 12, 2012 through November 16, 2012 at which time the general public can vote for their favorite invention idea at the Leonardo or through The Leonardo’s Facebook Page. One vote per person, regardless of form of entry.
4. Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in the Contest. The Grand Prize will consist of a trip for two (2) people including (a) coach airfare for two (2) people from Salt Lake City to Rome, Italy (b) standard hotel accommodation for (2) people for four (4) nights in Rome, Italy. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $3,500.00. Travel is for January 7, 2012- March 15 2012. Travel after these dates or during blackout dates is allow at additional cost. Forty-five (45) days notice is required for reservations. All travelers will need current passport good for travel up to 6 months after their return date. Tours, transfers and extensions are offered at an additional cost. Prizes do not include meals, personal items, travel insurance, tips and gratuities or any other cost or expense not expressly provided in these rules or the official travel itinerary. Four (4) runner-up prizes will be awarded in the Contest. Each runner-up prize will consist of (1) Family Membership to The Leonardo and six (6) tickets to the Da Vinci: The Genius Exhibition. The approximate retail value of each prize is $202.00. Prizes are not transferable, subject to substitution by the contestant or redeemable for cash. Winners may be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and will receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc.
5. Conditions/Restrictions. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each contestant agrees to release and indemnify each of the Sponsors, and the officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees of each of the Sponsors, for, from and against any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the contestant’s participation in the Contest. Entry into the Contest constitutes permission for each Sponsor and its designees to use the contestant’s name, likeness, portrait, voice and/or biographical material for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the Sponsor and/or the products and services of any of its designees. Prize winners will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station and sign an affidavit of eligibility and a release (including a publicity release) as prepared by the Station as a condition of receiving their prize. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest will be subject to disqualification. The Sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause. The Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of the Contest.
7. Taxes. The winner will receive and be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and will receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc. from Contest Sponsor and will be responsible to pay all taxes associated with the winnings.
8. Representations and Warranties. By submitting a contest entry, Contestant represents, warrants, acknowledges and agrees that Contestant: (i) has read and meets the eligibility requirements; (ii) has submitted a viable e-mail address; (iii) understands that if any of the information submitted is false or incomplete, it will void the Contestant’s entry to the Contest; and Contestant (iv) agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules.
9. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.
10. Rules. Copies of these rules are free and available at the Site, at the studios of the Station, Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, P. O. Box 1160, Salt Lake City, Utah 84110-1160, during regular business hours or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.