KSL TEACHER FEATURE CAR CONTEST RULES
KSL NewsRadio, Zions Bank and Burt Brothers Tire and Service present "Teacher Feature" Contest
1. Dates/Eligibility. The KSL NEWSRADIO, ZION'S BANK AND BURT BROTHERS TIRE AND SERVICE "TEACHER FEATURE" Contest ("The Giveaway") begins on or about September 4th, 2012 and ends with all prizes awarded on or about Monday, May 27th, 2013. Zion's Bank, Burt Brothers Tire and Service, and KSL NewsRadio, (the "Station") may change the dates and/or terms of the Giveaway without prior notice. Any material changes will be posted on Station's website at www.ksl.com (the "Site"). The Giveaway is open to all 2012-2013 Teacher Feature winners who are legal residents of Utah, eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry and who are full-time public school teachers, currently employed by a school district in the State of Utah. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a participant's chance of winning. The Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. Employees or agents of the Stations, Bonneville International Corporation, Zion's Bank, Burt Brothers Tire and Service, or any entity associated with the sponsorship or conduct of the contest (collectively, the "Sponsors") or any other television or radio station that serves the Salt Lake City, Utah area, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agents, are ineligible to participate. Persons who have won a prize on the Station valued at $500 or more in the twelve (12) month period immediately prior to the start of the Giveaway are not eligible to participate.
2. How to Enter. KSL NewsRadio will encourage listeners, teachers, school representatives and affiliated committees (PTA's, etc.) from K-12 schools to, via email, fax or mail, nominate teachers who display excellence in their school and deserve recognition as part of the Teacher Feature contest at nominate @ksl.com. Each week, a winning teacher will be announced as a finalist and contacted with their prize: 2 season tickets to Hale Center Theatre, $100 Gift Card to The Roof Restaurant, Overnight Stay at Anniversary Inn and invitation for two to the Teacher Feature Banquet held in May 2013. In addition, each weekly finalist has the opportunity to enter to win the grand prize, by completing and returning a detailed lease information form to KSL studios by noon on May 26th, 2013. On May 27, 2013 at the Teacher Feature banquet all eligible grand prize contestants will have the opportunity to thereby be entered to win a two year lease on a 2013 Nissan vehicle, provided by Burt Brothers Tires and Service.
3. Selection of Winners: Finalists will be selected via a committee comprised of representatives from the Stations and the Sponsors (the "Panel"). Finalists will be asked to provide a photo to be posted at the contesting websites. All contestants' must submit a photo in order to be eligible for the contest. The Stations will also use all or part of the submitted nomination on the contest page. The Stations may, in their discretion, select additional finalists if the Stations determine it is necessary or desirable to do so. All finalists will be chosen and notified no later than May 31, 2013. One (1) Grand prize winner will be selected at random by the Panel during the Teacher Feature Banquet from all Grand Prize entries submitted by the Finalists who have completed, signed and returned the lease information forms.
4. Prizes: Each week during the contest dates, a winning teacher will be announced as a finalist and contacted with their prize: 2 tickets to Hale Center Theatre, $100 Gift Card to The Roof Restaurant, Overnight Stay at Anniversary Inn and invitation for two to the Teacher Feature Banquet held in May 2013. In addition, each weekly finalist is eligible for the opportunity to win the Grand Prize, by completing, signing returning the detailed lease information form to KSL-TV studios by 5:00 p.m. on May 26th. The Grand Prize winner may receive a two-year pre-paid lease on a 2013 Nissan vehicle TBD from Burt Brothers Tire & Service and routine maintenance (i.e. oil changes and tire rotations) on vehicle. The approximate retail value of the two year lease is $13,500. The winner must have a valid driver's license and provide proof of insurance coverage for the vehicle at the minimum coverage levels set forth in the lease documentation before he/she receives the vehicle. The winner's use of the vehicle may be subject to an annual mileage restriction and such other terms and conditions. The Grand Prize winner will be responsible for all taxes, licensing and insurance on the lease vehicle. The Grand Prize winner must be approved through a credit approval system. Winner may be responsible for a portion of the monthly lease payments based upon their personal credit score. If the Grand Prize winner has a credit score of 680 or higher the full monthly lease payments will be paid by Burt Brothers Tire and Service. The Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc. and will be responsible for taxes on the value of the prize. Additional restrictions may apply. All lease terms and conditions will be fulfilled in winner's own personal name. The winner will be required to maintain the "Teacher Feature" wrap on the vehicle with all applicable logos and affiliates for the term of the lease agreement. If the winner declines the two-year lease, no cash settlement or other substitution will be provided. Winner of Grand Prize vehicle lease will also be required to appear with the vehicle occasionally throughout the lease at various Burt Brothers Tires and Service Events, such as "Crusin' the Boulevard Coats for Kids" event on Father's Day Weekend, the Bountiful Handcart Days Parade, KSL's Studio 5 program (date TBD) and other events as applicable and determined by Burt Brothers Tire and Service. All sales, prize and other taxes, and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability, in which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. The Station assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. The Station reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component of a prize with a prize or component of comparable value should the original prize or component be unavailable, regardless of reason. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. Decisions of the Station/Judges are final. Winner must produce identification satisfactory to the Contest Sponsor prior to being awarded Prizes.
5. Conditions/Restrictions. In exchange for the right to enter the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Sponsors and their respective officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees, (the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind, whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant's participation in the Giveaway. Entry into the Giveaway constitutes permission for the Sponsors and/or their respective designees to use the participant's name, likeness, portrait, voice and/or biographical material for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise promote or publicize the sponsors and/or the products and serves of any of their designees. As a condition of receipt of their prize, each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release (including publicity release) as prepared by the Station. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Giveaway will be subject to disqualification. The Sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, facsimile or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. 6. Rules. Copies of these rules are free and available at the Sites and at the studios of the Stations, Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, P.O. Box 1160, Salt Lake City, UT 84110-1160, during regular business hours or be sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station at this address. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any resulting responsibility or liability, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest or to amend these rules and regulations at any time for any reason. All changes to contest rules will be posted at www.ksl.com.
TEACHER FEATURE CAR CONTEST FORM Please check one: Yes, I accept the invitation to be placed in the Teacher Feature grand prize drawing for the car lease giveaway. I have read and fully understand the rules and regulations and meet the qualifications should I be selected as the grand prize winner. No, I do not wish to participate and/or do not qualify to be entered in the grand prize car lease giveaway.
Please Print Full Name: ___________________________________________________________
By signing below you agree to, and fully understand, the rules and regulations as outlined above. Signature ______________________________________________Date____________________
Please place the completed form in the enclosed self-addressed envelope and mail to: KSL NewsRadio Teacher Feature c/o Teri Vu 55 North 300 West Salt Lake City, UT 84101 To ensure inclusion in the car contest prize drawing, all forms must be received by no later than April 30, 2013.
Dusty Morgan - Morgan High School
Suzette Wilson - Fremont Elementary
Mallory Stone - Snow Springs Elementary
Antonio Martin - Morningside Elementary
Michelle Johnson - Elk Ridge Middle School
Robert Nelson - West Point Junior High
Synda Thomas - Syracuse Arts Academy
Jackie Kegel - Monte Vista Elementary
Calvin Purser - Windridge Elementary
Steven Dowdle - Karl G. Maesar Prep Academy
The station representative who can assist a person with disabilities with issues related to the content of the public files is Mike Dowdle, available during regular office hours at firstname.lastname@example.org and (801) 575-5555.