12/12/2013 7:00pmBattle-fatigued and suddenly bipartisan, the House voted Thursday night to ease across-the-board federal spending cuts and head off future government shutdowns, acting after Speaker John Boehner unleashed a stinging attack on tea party-aligned conservative groups campaigning for the measure's defeat.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police: Salt Lake County Jail sergeant dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Higher teacher salaries coming to Jordan School District
- UVU students upset about school's toilet paper
- Provo doctors use hologram imaging to change the way surgeons operate
- Large aquarium fish found at Cedar City pond; ditching fish creates problems
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Elite 8 round?
- Escape from madness: Walking away from a cult of killers
- Self-inflicted collapse chokes GOP effort to undo Obamacare
- Road to Understanding: Housing prices, crowds a problem for Moab
- Sae Tautu, Cougars raise NFL profile at BYU Pro Day