10/23/2013 7:01amWhen a federal program that promised cash rebates to people who traded in their clunkers for more fuel-efficient vehicles was overrun by demand, President Barack Obama assigned Jeffrey Zients, his deputy budget director, to help eliminate the backlog.
Browse by Day Archive
- Kearns woman recounts bizarre kidnapping incident
- Layton woman warns of fireworks danger after nearly losing an eye
- Man missing under 'very suspicious' circumstances in southern Utah, police say
- Netflix adding 95 titles, dropping 55 in July
- LIVE: Utah primary election results
- Largest landslide in the world rocked ancient Utah, researchers say
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of victory over Jonathan Johnson 'stunning'
- 71% of Americans believe economy is 'rigged'
- Police: Man suffers life-threatening injuries in random attack at Salt Lake hotel
- Woman who hit Layton High teen in crosswalk sentenced to home confinement