07/01/2013 3:34pmFiscal years begin July 1 on most financial calendars, and a slew of state government spending regulations kick in each year on that date. Policy laws also hit the books in a wave, though states often mark their independence by enacting such legislation on their own time.
Browse by Day Archive
- Man fatally shot by police in Ogden parking garage
- Man dies after semitruck rolls near Tremonton
- Logan family asking for public's help locating missing teenager
- Thousands flee, freeway shut down in flooding near San Francisco
- Cache County girl found in canal was shot in head, police say
- Patrick Kinahan: Will Fredette take another shot at the NBA?
- 3 killed after pickup truck rolls on I-70 near Green River
- Man dead in Roy officer-involved shooting, police confirm
- Father and son die after their vehicles collide in Alabama
- NASA in Tooele County? Lawmakers encourage new testing facility