07/01/2013 3:34pmFiscal years begin July 1 on most financial calendars, and a slew of state government spending regulations kick in each year on that date. Policy laws also hit the books in a wave, though states often mark their independence by enacting such legislation on their own time.
Browse by Day Archive
- Feud between 2 Salt Lake police officers sparks civil lawsuit
- After ad, dad interviews potential wives for 48-year-old son from SLC
- The best and worst states to raise children in
- Draper man charged with murdering Utah woman in Wyoming motel
- 'The Shallows' may be the biggest surprise of the summer
- Hot enough for you? Looking back at Utah’s hottest recorded temperatures
- Inmate escapes custody after dentist appointment
- Obama's plea for J.R. Smith to put a shirt on; the new most-depressing sports town in US
- Have You Seen This? Give up on your dreams
- Quiz: Can you name these cities' nicknames?