07/01/2013 3:34pmFiscal years begin July 1 on most financial calendars, and a slew of state government spending regulations kick in each year on that date. Policy laws also hit the books in a wave, though states often mark their independence by enacting such legislation on their own time.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police: Salt Lake County Jail sergeant dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Large aquarium fish found at Cedar City pond; ditching fish creates problems
- UVU students upset about school's toilet paper
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Elite 8 round?
- Escape from madness: Walking away from a cult of killers
- Herriman family wakes up to find stranger in kitchen
- Local kidney foundation honors 3-year-old Elsie Mahe with billboard for organ donation
- Man guilty of shooting cop sentenced to up to life in prison
- Higher teacher salaries coming to Jordan School District
- Herbert signs bill lowering blood-alcohol limit to .05 percent