01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- Judge orders life sentences in kidnapping of mom, 4 daughters
- Parent punches student in the stomach in a school hallway, then just walks away
- Have You Seen This? Spider carries a mouse
- Bountiful family asks for help finding stolen camping trailer
- Witness: Officers in polygamous towns try to stop evictions
- Search suspended for missing daughter of one of Utah's 'Piano Guys'
- Infants should share parents' room to avoid SIDS, report says
- Those polls are 'phony,' Trump insists; 'we are winning'
- Plane nosedives, explodes in fiery crash killing all passengers
- Mom holds separated twin for first time