01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police: No survivors after plane carrying Sandy LDS bishop, 2 children crashes
- Facing 'ultimatum' in Outdoor Retailer call, Herbert said state and trade show must 'part ways'
- Midvale man groped, kissed TRAX riders, charges say
- 1 dead, I-15 northbound reopens after accidents near Provo
- American Fork High drill team program on the chopping block
- Missing toddler's father says he would never hurt his son after accusations from ex-girlfriend
- West Jordan man charged after investigators find child pornography
- UPS to build new, expanded distribution center in Salt Lake City
- Video shows warden shoot antlers of entangled bucks to free them
- 2 suspected in bank robbery captured in West Valley City following multiagency chase