01/19/2013 3:42pmThe remains of the only U.S. Navy ship sunk in the Gulf of Mexico during Civil War combat now can be seen in 3-D sonar images from the Gulf's murky depths, revealing details such as a shell hole that may have been among the ship's fatal wounds.
Browse by Day Archive
- 1 dead, 4 arrested in Salt Lake drug deal gone bad, police say
- Woman dies after falling 100 feet at Mt. Olympus
- Florida man returns lost wallet with $3,400 inside
- A landmark day for drone flights arrives
- Texas 2nd-grade teacher says no homework this school year
- Lost Boy survived Sudanese civil war but died alone on streets of Salt Lake City
- Female CEOs earn much less than their male counterparts
- Holladay family credits hard decisions with helping their toddler's cancer disappear
- The 25 loudest dog breeds
- Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'