02/26/2013 6:40pmLeaving aside a meeting between the two teams in 1949, the BYU-Gonzaga rivalry began in the 2011 NCAA Tournament, when the Cougars, playing as a favored seed but heavy underdog, easily handled the Zags in Denver, paced by national Player of the Year Jimmer Fredette.
Browse by Day Archive
- Bodies of elite climber with Utah connection, cameraman found in melting glacier
- LIVE: Indiana Primary Results
- 11-year-old girl kidnapped from Navajo Nation is found dead
- I-215 reconstruction set to begin
- Utah to temporarily stop enforcing law in 'Deadpool' case
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to be put down or sent to ranch
- Rimando's incredible face-save makes national headlines; chaos in San Antonio
- Wyoming man convicted of assaulting Forest Service officer faces 20 years in prison
- Twice-deported man arrested in Salt Lake, authorities say
- Cruz hits at Trump as Indiana votes, calling rival 'amoral'