02/26/2013 6:40pmLeaving aside a meeting between the two teams in 1949, the BYU-Gonzaga rivalry began in the 2011 NCAA Tournament, when the Cougars, playing as a favored seed but heavy underdog, easily handled the Zags in Denver, paced by national Player of the Year Jimmer Fredette.
Browse by Day Archive
- 1 worker killed, another hurt in trench collapse in American Fork
- Jury chooses life without parole for ex-Utahn convicted of murder a second time
- Parents, school board clash after son's suicide
- Ex-USC linebacker appears in Utah court to face rape charge
- DWR seeks information in poaching of 3x3 buck deer
- Asylum 49 voted scariest haunted house in Utah
- US: Wells Fargo illegally repossessed 413 military members' cars
- Jazz thrill students at Granger High School with surprise scrimmage
- Poll: Which is Utah’s favorite cereal?
- Special General Conference programming for KSL TV