02/26/2013 6:40pmLeaving aside a meeting between the two teams in 1949, the BYU-Gonzaga rivalry began in the 2011 NCAA Tournament, when the Cougars, playing as a favored seed but heavy underdog, easily handled the Zags in Denver, paced by national Player of the Year Jimmer Fredette.
Browse by Day Archive
- Mother dies after rescuing 2-year-old son from Lake Powell
- Police ID man killed in collision on Redwood Road
- Looking back at 'Mormon Gold' coins, other historical Utah currencies
- Don't like Trump or Clinton? Utah has 12 other options
- Emotional video shows teen asking mom’s boyfriend to adopt her
- Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- For 10 years, possibly biggest pearl was hidden under bed
- Injuries won't be a concern for BYU's starting quarterback in 2016
- Missing 92-year-old with dementia found safe
- Hogle Zoo gets MRI for sick sea star