02/26/2013 6:40pmLeaving aside a meeting between the two teams in 1949, the BYU-Gonzaga rivalry began in the 2011 NCAA Tournament, when the Cougars, playing as a favored seed but heavy underdog, easily handled the Zags in Denver, paced by national Player of the Year Jimmer Fredette.
Browse by Day Archive
- Presidential Limo: Trumps, Obamas on their way to Capitol
- Joy erupts as Italian rescuers pull out avalanche survivors
- Coin counting machine experiment: How accurate are they?
- Man reunited with missing dog after wife dies in car crash
- S. Ogden man charged in fatal shooting says victim disrespected co-worker's sister
- Student protesters call for U. to become a sanctuary campus
- Federal government employee caught driving recklessly
- Prosecutor: Extradition of El Chapo is milestone for justice
- Boyfriend of the year sews iconic ‘Beauty and the Beast’ ball gown for fairy tale marriage proposal
- Paramedic commuting to work aids man who suffered heart attack while driving