02/26/2013 6:40pmLeaving aside a meeting between the two teams in 1949, the BYU-Gonzaga rivalry began in the 2011 NCAA Tournament, when the Cougars, playing as a favored seed but heavy underdog, easily handled the Zags in Denver, paced by national Player of the Year Jimmer Fredette.
Browse by Day Archive
- Parents, school board clash after son's suicide
- Report: 1/3 of impoverished Utahns spend 1/2 of their income on housing
- David Ortiz goes undercover as a Lyft driver, fans don't notice
- Man killed in Millcreek auto-pedestrian crash
- Child care now costs more than in-state college tuition
- Train crashes at New Jersey station; 1 dead, 74 hospitalized
- Woods Cross bride's mom dies day of wedding
- Review: 6 outdoor products for family vacations
- Netflix adding 82 titles in October, dropping 36
- Why do police shoot to kill?