01/26/2013 6:43pmCelebrities have long contended with the occasional downsides of stardom _ tabloid scandals, stalkers, box office bombs, the paparazzi. Now, add "swatting" to the list _ a prank that sends police charging to the gates of stars' homes on false reports of gunmen, hostages or other crimes in progress.
Browse by Day Archive
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights parking lot
- Police: Woman died on zipline after falling tree branch hit her
- West HS catch is 'SportsCenter' top play; Spelling Bee showdown moments go viral
- Utah school district takes stand against White House bathroom directive
- Man dies after being stung by bees 1,000 times
- Alleged con man gets conned: Hilarious email exchange dupes man trying to rent out property
- Lost hiker's message: Please call husband when my body is found
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Beyond the curb: Where does Utah’s recycling go?
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' is a disappointing 3rd installment in the trilogy