01/26/2013 6:43pmCelebrities have long contended with the occasional downsides of stardom _ tabloid scandals, stalkers, box office bombs, the paparazzi. Now, add "swatting" to the list _ a prank that sends police charging to the gates of stars' homes on false reports of gunmen, hostages or other crimes in progress.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police seek help finding 3 men from Uintah County
- Pineview swimmer rescued, resuscitated by good Samaritan boater
- 'I ain't fit to live': Police say Mississippi gunman kills 8
- 1 dead, 1 critically hurt after semi rear-ends slower moving car
- Woman arrested in Riverdale after allegedly locking kids in trunk while shopping
- Businessman faked drug test results, allowing clients to keep using, police say
- Splash pad, zip lines and bouldering wall draw crowds to new Wardle Fields Park
- Most Chipotle restaurants hacked with credit card stealing malware
- Is Utah ready to build trade relations with Cuba?
- Missing man in Franklin County, Idaho found dead