10/12/2013 8:51pmPeople in Ohio, Michigan and 15 other states found themselves temporarily unable to use their food stamp debit-style cards on Saturday, after a routine test of backup systems by vendor Xerox Corp. resulted in a system failure. Xerox announced late in the evening that access has been restored for users in the 17 states affected by the outage, hours after the first problems were reported.
Browse by Day Archive
- Herriman family wakes up to find stranger in kitchen
- Rachel Dolezal struggles after racial identity scandal
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Elite 8 round?
- Large aquarium fish found at Cedar City pond; ditching fish creates problems
- Man charged with capital murder, 3 others with murder in Provo shooting
- Herbert signs bill lowering blood-alcohol limit to .05 percent
- Provo mom gets probation, ankle monitor for death of baby in DUI crash
- Arrest of Romanian teens highlight bigger skimming problem, UHP says
- West Bountiful man killed, wife injured in London attack
- Disney CEO: 'Last Jedi' not changed due to Fisher's death