10/12/2013 8:51pmPeople in Ohio, Michigan and 15 other states found themselves temporarily unable to use their food stamp debit-style cards on Saturday, after a routine test of backup systems by vendor Xerox Corp. resulted in a system failure. Xerox announced late in the evening that access has been restored for users in the 17 states affected by the outage, hours after the first problems were reported.
Browse by Day Archive
- Man arrested for murder in connection to decomposing body
- Herriman house a total loss after two-alarm fire
- High court upholds dismissal of lawsuit from owner of dog shot by police
- After losing 5 babies in 11 months, Utah family teaches others to grieve through gifting
- Actor John Heard, of 'Home Alone' movies, dies at 71
- Trump: USS Ford is '100,000-ton message to the world'
- Teen charged in fatal prom night crash agrees to transfer to adult court
- Kushner discloses additional $10M in assets
- This musician strummed a guitar during his own brain surgery
- 1 arrested, 1 in hospital after Friday shooting in Provo