10/12/2013 8:51pmPeople in Ohio, Michigan and 15 other states found themselves temporarily unable to use their food stamp debit-style cards on Saturday, after a routine test of backup systems by vendor Xerox Corp. resulted in a system failure. Xerox announced late in the evening that access has been restored for users in the 17 states affected by the outage, hours after the first problems were reported.
Browse by Day Archive
- Park City man saves for 11 years to buy, customize Lamborghini
- Promises, pomp and protests as Trump sworn in
- Hatch serves as designated survivor at Trump's inauguration
- Confrontation near parade route escalates, pepper spray used
- 'Miracle underway': Rescuers pull out avalanche survivors
- What parents should know about 'Split'
- Boyfriend of the year sews iconic ‘Beauty and the Beast’ ball gown for fairy tale marriage proposal
- 12-year-old LeBron James Jr. is the future of basketball
- Former Ute lands in first round of NFL mock draft; fans react to Raiders’ Vegas move
- 2100 South freeway to close tonight for construction