10/12/2013 8:51pmPeople in Ohio, Michigan and 15 other states found themselves temporarily unable to use their food stamp debit-style cards on Saturday, after a routine test of backup systems by vendor Xerox Corp. resulted in a system failure. Xerox announced late in the evening that access has been restored for users in the 17 states affected by the outage, hours after the first problems were reported.
Browse by Day Archive
- Man dies after shooting, rollover in SLC
- Lost Boy survived Sudanese civil war but died alone on streets of Salt Lake City
- 'SOS' in sand leads to rescue of 2 people stranded on island
- San Diego Border Patrol seizes $3 million
- 2 brothers charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin
- Several wildfires burning across Utah
- Changes at Snake River dams helping Idaho sockeye salmon
- Utahns to help Tesla celebrate 2 billion electric miles driven
- Can an app really lead to cleaner air, safer students and less bullying?