10/12/2013 8:51pmPeople in Ohio, Michigan and 15 other states found themselves temporarily unable to use their food stamp debit-style cards on Saturday, after a routine test of backup systems by vendor Xerox Corp. resulted in a system failure. Xerox announced late in the evening that access has been restored for users in the 17 states affected by the outage, hours after the first problems were reported.
Browse by Day Archive
- Idaho man sues ISU over hostility toward his LDS faith
- New information, evidence discovered in search for missing Idaho toddler
- Will BYU’s Big 12 gamble pay off?
- Man, 18, arrested in stabbing death of West Valley woman
- 3-day plan to see Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Parks
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop Bountiful Temple
- Man dies after allegedly ignoring police and jumping from tree
- Bill Cosby ordered to stand trial in decade-old sex case
- Hit the road: Salt Lake man creates interactive trip planner
- Blunt force trauma caused S. Carolina woman's zipline death, police say