10/12/2013 8:51pmPeople in Ohio, Michigan and 15 other states found themselves temporarily unable to use their food stamp debit-style cards on Saturday, after a routine test of backup systems by vendor Xerox Corp. resulted in a system failure. Xerox announced late in the evening that access has been restored for users in the 17 states affected by the outage, hours after the first problems were reported.
Browse by Day Archive
- Netflix adding 95 titles, dropping 55 in July
- Police identify boy who died in Ogden fire
- Have You Seen This? How to outrun a python
- States with the safest drivers
- Volkswagen reaches $14.7B emissions settlement
- Another evaluation ordered for woman accused of leaving newborn in trash
- 1-year-old Riverton boy left in car for hours, expected to survive
- 31-year-old man drowns at Blackridge Reservoir in Herriman
- Is Donald Trump hurting himself?
- Texas illegally curbs abortion clinics, Supreme Court rules