08/16/2014 1:30amNASCAR has thrived for years thanks to the personalities of some of its biggest stars and that includes an occasional feud, gesture or angry encounter on the track. But less than a week after Kevin Ward Jr. was killed during a sprint car race in New York after being struck by a car driven by Tony Stewart, NASCAR on Friday barred its drivers from approaching the track or moving cars after an incident during the race.
Browse by Day Archive
- Teen injured in gang-related shooting, Salt Lake police say
- Cache County girl receives international criticism for photos of big game hunt
- BYU Bookstore sends custom-made green hat to 5-year-old girl with terminal cancer
- 5 of the funniest movies filmed in Utah
- Friend describes night that turned deadly for 20-year-old charged with triple aggravated murder
- Clinton campaign setting up shop in Salt Lake
- West Jordan pulls plug on Facebook data center deal
- Strong quake rattles central Italy: "The town isn't here"
- Sale of million-dollar homes up along the Wasatch Front
- Charges: Abused baby died of dehydration, lived in filthy conditions