02/01/2014 12:38amCrime and punishment loomed large as issues in New Orleans' elections Saturday _ a test of the popularity of incumbent Mayor Mitch Landrieu, who won big four years ago, and the survivability of the city's sheriff, Marlin Gusman, who was heavily criticized after a video surfaced last year showing blatant drug use and the waving of a loaded gun in the jail he runs.
Browse by Day Archive
- Bones found in Little Cottonwood Canyon identified as missing Idaho hiker
- Kearns woman recounts bizarre kidnapping incident
- From novel to film: Ranking 6 Roald Dahl adaptations
- Amazon offers inexpensive smartphones with a catch
- Steve Young glad BYU football stayed true to its tradition
- UHP blanketing Utah roads with extra troopers during July 4 weekend
- Video shows cougar swimming across large lake
- Orlando dispatcher: 'My caller is no longer responding'
- FDA has a few questions for makers of hand sanitizer
- Have You Seen This? The tech behind Snapchat’s fun filters