02/01/2014 12:38amCrime and punishment loomed large as issues in New Orleans' elections Saturday _ a test of the popularity of incumbent Mayor Mitch Landrieu, who won big four years ago, and the survivability of the city's sheriff, Marlin Gusman, who was heavily criticized after a video surfaced last year showing blatant drug use and the waving of a loaded gun in the jail he runs.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police: No survivors after plane carrying Sandy LDS bishop, 2 children crashes
- Facing 'ultimatum' in Outdoor Retailer call, Herbert said state and trade show must 'part ways'
- Missing toddler's father says he would never hurt his son after accusations from ex-girlfriend
- Midvale man groped, kissed TRAX riders, charges say
- 1 dead, I-15 northbound reopens after accidents near Provo
- West Jordan man charged after investigators find child pornography
- 2 suspected in bank robbery captured in West Valley City following multiagency chase
- American Fork High drill team program on the chopping block
- UPS to build new, expanded distribution center in Salt Lake City
- Fundraiser grows for girl shot and left in ditch