02/01/2014 12:38amCrime and punishment loomed large as issues in New Orleans' elections Saturday _ a test of the popularity of incumbent Mayor Mitch Landrieu, who won big four years ago, and the survivability of the city's sheriff, Marlin Gusman, who was heavily criticized after a video surfaced last year showing blatant drug use and the waving of a loaded gun in the jail he runs.
Browse by Day Archive
- '2 angels' save BYU basketball alum from near-fatal wasp attack in Hawaii
- After losing 5 babies in 11 months, Utah family teaches others to grieve through gifting
- Teen charged in fatal prom night crash agrees to transfer to adult court
- Idaho resident catches record-breaking 57-pound trout in Utah
- S.L. GOP launches probe into troubled recorder's deputy
- The Latest: Minneapolis mayor: 'I will not be resigning'
- 1 dead, 1 injured following Spanish Fork confrontation
- Couple tried to hide newborn's addiction by giving her drugs, police say
- UDOT to create a new east-west connection across I-15 in Layton
- Springville man's asthma was actually an 8-pound tumor