02/01/2014 12:38amCrime and punishment loomed large as issues in New Orleans' elections Saturday _ a test of the popularity of incumbent Mayor Mitch Landrieu, who won big four years ago, and the survivability of the city's sheriff, Marlin Gusman, who was heavily criticized after a video surfaced last year showing blatant drug use and the waving of a loaded gun in the jail he runs.
Browse by Day Archive
- Piano Guys say performance at inauguration not a Trump endorsement
- ICE detainees moved out of state after Utah County Jail terminates contract
- National park visits hit record high for 3rd straight year
- Utah State wants lawsuit over frat party assault dismissed
- Utah adds 3 reservoirs to mercury advisory
- Officials: FBI arrests widow of Orlando nightclub shooter
- Utah barrel racer overcomes paralysis to earn pro card
- These 8 men are richer than 3.6 billion people combined
- Body of man accused of shooting estranged wife found
- Former players recall 1996 BYU football season: was it the best ever?