02/01/2014 12:38amCrime and punishment loomed large as issues in New Orleans' elections Saturday _ a test of the popularity of incumbent Mayor Mitch Landrieu, who won big four years ago, and the survivability of the city's sheriff, Marlin Gusman, who was heavily criticized after a video surfaced last year showing blatant drug use and the waving of a loaded gun in the jail he runs.
Browse by Day Archive
- 1 dead, 1 injured in motorcycle crash near Fillmore
- Scientist discovers snakes that hunt in packs
- Some Canyons School District kindergartners spending more time in the classroom
- Washington Post: Kushner proposed secret communication channel with Kremlin
- State refuses to pay Swallow's $1.5M legal bill
- Teen pleads guilty to shooting compliant clerk in robbery
- Utah woman creates smart purse with phone charger, Bluetooth connectivity
- Woman stops car thief: 'I'm not dealing with this sort of crap today!'
- What parents should know about 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales'
- Humane Society representing family whose dog was ordered to die under Santaquin ordinance