12/21/2012 7:04pmGuns and police officers in all American schools are what's needed to stop the next killer "waiting in the wings," the National Rifle Association declared Friday, taking a no-retreat stance in the face of growing calls for gun control after the Connecticut shootings that claimed the lives of 26 children and school staff.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police searching for driver in crash that killed West Valley bicyclist
- 2 teens rescued from reservoir told to yell 'Utah Jazz' until located
- West Jordan man makes toys for the needy but can't make rent: 'How can I close down now?'
- The Triple Team: Jazz win road Game 7 over Clippers in convincing fashion
- N. Korea missile fears in Japan: 'Whatever will be, will be'
- Police: 8 shot during San Diego pool party; suspect dead
- Police identify suspects from I-80 traffic stop, fleeing investigation
- Wandering cougar euthanized in Salt Lake City Saturday morning
- As number of adoptions drops, many US agencies face strains
- State water officials say more conservation, accurate data needed