01/10/2014 1:50amDoctors are warning that if Congress cuts food stamps, the federal government could be socked with bigger health bills. Maybe not immediately, they say, but over time if the poor wind up in doctors' offices or hospitals as a result.
Browse by Day Archive
- Woman arrested in Riverdale after allegedly locking kids in trunk while shopping
- Police searching for man who has repeatedly fled from officers
- Police: Suspect in Portland stabbings ranted about Muslims
- Liberty Park fountain won’t open due to health concerns
- Woman stops car thief: 'I'm not dealing with this sort of crap today!'
- Judge won't drop murder charge for 2 teens accused in officer's death
- Man restores old gas station, hotel amid growing effort to renovate Helper
- 1 dead, 1 injured in motorcycle crash near Fillmore
- Authorities warn travelers to look out for credit card skimmers
- Some women-only screenings planned for 'Wonder Woman'