01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- 1 dead, 1 injured in motorcycle crash near Fillmore
- State refuses to pay Swallow's $1.5M legal bill
- Scientist discovers snakes that hunt in packs
- Woman stops car thief: 'I'm not dealing with this sort of crap today!'
- Vivint reaches $100K settlement with Wyoming after alleged violations
- What parents should know about 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales'
- School apologizes after awarding student 'most likely to become a terrorist'
- Human Society representing family whose dog was ordered to die under Santaquin ordinance
- DWR seeks info about cougar illegally killed in Beaver County
- Ariana Grande planning benefit concert in Manchester