01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- Wandering cougar euthanized in Salt Lake City Saturday morning
- Suspect arrested in connection with I-80 traffic stop; 1 suspect still at large
- Where local athletes ended up in the NFL
- Canyons District's Big Cottonwood Canyon school bus route 'unsafe,' state engineer says
- Utah's Brian Allen selected No. 173 to Pittsburgh Steelers in 5th round
- Spacecraft flies between Saturn and rings in historic 1st
- Utah State's Devante Mays selected in 7th round by Green Bay Packers
- Why home listings are down along Wasatch Front 'despite strong demand'
- BYU's Jamaal Williams drafted in the 4th round by Green Bay
- Dr. Vivian Lee resigns post at University of Utah