01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- 'I did not want him to die that day,' says Bountiful man who killed ex-wife's husband
- Governor signs outdoor cooking bill into law
- 50 titles leaving Netflix, 65 added in April
- Family will donate organs of deceased toddler to 8 other children
- Crayola to retire a color; but which one will it be?
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Final Four round?
- Governor signs hardened polygamy law over objections
- Father of 5 relies on faith following death of young wife
- Woman, 20, charged with plowing into Capitol Police cruiser
- Felony charges for 2 who secretly filmed Planned Parenthood