12/02/2013 12:38pmPilots are becoming so reliant on computer systems that do most of the flying in today's airliners that on the rare occasions when something goes wrong, they're sometimes unprepared to take control, according to aviation safety experts and government and industry studies.
Browse by Day Archive
- 31-year-old man drowns at Blackridge Reservoir in Herriman
- Outdoor glass slide opens atop LA skyscraper
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe than it's ever been'
- Teen asks for doughnuts, gets over $180K in online donations
- 'Warriors Over the Wasatch' on track to exceed 600K attendance
- 'The Shallows' may be the biggest surprise of the summer
- In Weber State's Joel Bolomboy, the Utah Jazz got their man
- Feud between 2 Salt Lake police officers sparks civil lawsuit
- Road-rage incident ends in beating of 87-year-old man, police say
- Multiple crews battling large wildfire in Box Elder County