11/23/2013 8:51pmIran's agreement with six world powers over its nuclear program comes after decades of difficult ties between Washington and Tehran. Relations have been up, but mostly down since the 1979 Islamic Revolution and subsequent hostage crisis at the U.S. Embassy in the Iranian capital. The nuclear agreement, designed as a first step in preventing Iran from developing a nuclear weapon in exchange for the easing of some punishing economic sanctions, signals a thaw in the U.S.-Iranian relationship.
Browse by Day Archive
- Multi-vehicle crash backs up section of northbound I-15 for several hours
- Tornado touches down near Panguitch
- This photo of a couple saying goodbye is breaking hearts
- Orem family loses belongings after U-Haul stolen in New Mexico
- Tests show elevated levels of metals in American Fork River sediment
- Family who nearly lost cabins in fire snaps 'angelic' photo
- Quiz: Can you pass a 5th grade math exam?
- Death penalty to be sought for man accused of killing 6 family members
- Tree vandalism spreads to South Jordan
- Man severely beaten with bat at Tooele rest stop