11/23/2013 8:51pmIran's agreement with six world powers over its nuclear program comes after decades of difficult ties between Washington and Tehran. Relations have been up, but mostly down since the 1979 Islamic Revolution and subsequent hostage crisis at the U.S. Embassy in the Iranian capital. The nuclear agreement, designed as a first step in preventing Iran from developing a nuclear weapon in exchange for the easing of some punishing economic sanctions, signals a thaw in the U.S.-Iranian relationship.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police: Salt Lake County Jail sergeant dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Large aquarium fish found at Cedar City pond; ditching fish creates problems
- Local kidney foundation honors 3-year-old Elsie Mahe with billboard for organ donation
- No repeal for 'Obamacare' — a humiliating defeat for Trump
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Elite 8 round?
- Herriman family wakes up to find stranger in kitchen
- Man guilty of shooting cop sentenced to up to life in prison
- Provo mom gets probation, ankle monitor for death of baby in DUI crash
- Escape from madness: Walking away from a cult of killers
- 4 things to know about Apple's red iPhone, new iPad and movie app