09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- 1 dead, 2 injured in West Valley City shooting
- Layton mom found passed out in gutter sent to prison for child endangerment, sex with teen
- Utah Jazz, Vivint Arena ownership transferred to perpetual legacy trust
- School delays and closures for Tuesday
- BYU-I student charged with voyeurism after camera discovered in bathroom
- Dying teen’s final wish is to inspire ‘mass act of kindness’
- Woman with special needs retires after 50 years with Deseret Industries
- Canyons closed, school canceled Monday due to snow
- Police suspend search for man presumed drowned, citing weather
- After women's marches, can numbers translate to real change?