09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police: Copper theft yields 'tens of thousands of dollars in damage'
- 6-hour SWAT standoff ends with 1 dead in Heber
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel sites worry some high-rise residents
- Cincinnati Zoo director defends killing gorilla to save boy
- The 12 most expensive movies ever made
- Lehi's Tony Finau apologizes with flowers; karma works for Jordan Spieth
- Unlike: Tenants fume over apartment complex's new Facebook addendum
- Police ID man killed in possible road rage incident
- Indiana group pulls ad it copied from Salt Lake City promo
- Man stabbed after argument on school playground